That's very good news, Prime Blue!
I just hope you aren't discouraged by the long list that FDLink, jhurvid, and HoL compiled...
In that case it's probably easier to look into the file structure.
Until you get to the ending battle, my screen transcription of that scene should already be completed. And yes, it is a pain.
Wait, that example screenshot of the Wind Waker, "you can borrow the power of the gods" - wasn't that supposed to be the Triforce's nickname?
6) The Deku Tree speaks this only in the Second Quest (where Hylian becomes English/Japanese). I don't whether you'll want to play through it a second time, but here it is anyway.
8) The conversation with Jabun is only fully visible in the Second Quest, and I would like you to record the whole conversation if possible. If it isn't possible, could you record this excerpt?
Well, Prime could take those screenshots already in the First Quest, it's not a big problem to transcribe Hylian to Japanese.
My only other request was something back at the end of page 5 in TP, I think.
Oh, yes, Zant's story. I halted halfway through that... Will be finished.
Now, finally, a completed request. For Hero of Legend, the last stages of FSA
(it's more than you asked for, but still not every single line):
Link! Finally the wind majin Gufuu?
Link! You've defeated the wind sorcerer Vaati.
?！ この宮殿は 本来 グフーの魔力によって 支えられていたもの。
?! This palace in itself was propped by Gufuu's magical strength.
?! This palace was built on the power of Vaati's magical strength.
あるじを失ったことで 形を保っていられなく なったのですわ?。
With its master gone, it can no longer retain its form?
With its master gone, it can no longer retain its form.
ここにいては まきこまれて しまいます。急いで 風の塔をくだりましょう！
We can't stay here any longer. We must hurry down the Tower of Winds!
We can't stay here any longer! We must escape to the Tower of Winds!
This was all there was to that wind majin Gufuu, eh?
This was all there was to the wind sorcerer Vaati, eh?
フォーソードの前には なすすべも なしか?。役立たずめ?！
Before the Four Sword, he was at his wit's ends? So useless?!
Before the Four Sword, you were at your wit's ends. Useless cur!
ハイラルの者どもから うばいし力も まだ足りん。
Even the power stolen from Hyrule's people still wasn't enough.
I did not steal enough power from the Hyruleans.
I'm seething? My blood is seething, heroes?!
My blood boils, heroes! It seethes at the sight of you!
ハカイへの渇き！ 怒りを解き放つ この快感！！
I thirst for destruction! The delight of releasing wrath!!
I thirst for destruction! For the pure release of rage, the power of wrath!
フォーソードなど このトライデントが 打ちくだいてくれるわ！
Four Sword and whatnot ? this trident will tear you to pieces!
Four Sword or no, my trident will reduce you to nothingness!
Just you wait, you worms!!!
I'm waiting, you worms!
！！ この強大な闇のかたまりは いったい何？！
!! This mighty mass of darkness, what on earth is that?!
What? That raw patch of darkness, deeper than the blackest night...
こ?これは?。グフー？！ いえ、風の魔神とは ちがう?。
I..is that? Gufuu?! No, it's different from the wind majin?
Is... Is that Vaati? No, it's not the wind sorcerer?
But in this case? If I don't seal it away with my power?!
No matter, I must use my power to seal it away!
息が重い? 力が抜けて? こうしている だけでも?。
My breath is heavy? My power is fading? already from that?
Can't breathe... My strength is failing me...
The air around me seems to be dying?
The very air around me is growing thin? dying?
もうすこし? ?もっと力を?！ もっと?！！
Just a little bit? ?more power?! More?!!
I only need a bit? more power? MORE!!
つまらん?！ ハイラル王女とやらの力も たかが知れるというもの。
Enough?! The questionable power of the princess of Hyrule, too, amounts to only that.
Enough! The princess of Hyrule and all her power amounts to nothing!
ゼルダ！ このガノンが キサマを 封じこんでくれる！
Zelda! I, Ganon, now seal you away!
Zelda! I, Ganon, now seal you away forever!
ガノン?。この魔獣が ゲルド族?、人間だった ガノンドロフだというの?！
Ganon? This demon beast was of the Gerudo tribe?, it was human and called Ganondorf?!
Ganon? this beast was once of the Gerudo... Once human. He was called Ganondorf!
闇の王? 太古から よみがえった 魔の邪器（じゃき）、トライデントを手にした男！！
King of Darkness? The man who took the Trident, the demon's evil device (ja-ki) revived from ancient times!!
King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn. The wielder of the trident!!
でも いまなら?！ ガノンの力が 弱まっている いまなら！！
Yet if now?! If Ganon's power has grown weak now!!
Yet now... While Ganon's power has waned...
私は残された ありったけの力を ここに注ぎ、光の玉を放ちます！
Pouring all of my remaining power here, I will release a ball of light!
I will pour all of my remaining strength into this ball of light!
When its radiance is full, I will let it go!
When it is suffused with Power, I will release it and strike!
だから その時は これを！
So, at that time, use this!
At that time, use this!
その弓矢を 光の玉めがけ、力いっぱい うち放って！！
Aim that bow and arrow at the ball of light, and shoot into it with all your might!!
Fire at the ball of light with all your might!
If you and I combine our powers, surely that Ganon can be sealed!
If we combine our powers, we may yet be able to seal Ganon away from the world!
光の玉のかがやきが 十分に満ちるまで?。それまで なんとか ガノンの動きを封じて！！
Until the ball of light's radiance is full enough? Somehow prevent Ganon's movement until then!!
Link! You must hold back Ganon until my ball of light is ready!!
- Interestingly, when Ganon calls Vaati "so useless", that could also be read as "useless eyeball". But that wasn't intended here, it's just a funny coincidence.
- I'm not sure if the line, "Even the power stolen from Hyrule's people still wasn't enough" refers to Ganon or Vaati. I think it's Vaati, because he was the one who actually drained the power, so this would be Ganon continuing to mock Vaati's defeat.
- "Demon beast" (魔獣) is quite a special term that only reappears in TP, being the Japanese title of "dark beast" Ganon. There, Midna calls Link the "divine beast" (神獣) and remarks that it's fitting for the divine beast and the demon beast to face off. This is once again a theme taken from Japanese mythology, a battle of two mighty animals representing good and evil.
Anyway, what matters for FSA is that this form of Ganon is apparently comparable to his beast form in TP.
- I also revisited the infamous quote. Now, after months of pondering, I finally came to a conclusion on what "ja-ki" (邪器) is supposed to mean. It doesn't mean "evil spirit" nor "evil vessel", but "evil device / tool". So, no spirit in the trident, at least as far as we're told.
Also, the sentence says the demon's trident has been "revived", which just means "reactivated" or "brought back".
Because of all that, the reason Zelda knows this presumed stuff of legends is simpler than we thought: It's merely the knowledge the maidens acquired throughout that same game, so *anyone* could've summed up who Ganon is the way Zelda does...
- Somehow I find it noteworthy that Zelda pours her power "here" (into the room), where it then takes the form of a ball of light. NoA's version implies she actively shapes a ball.
- Zelda doesn't say "seal Ganon away from the world", just in case that makes a difference for someone...
Edited by Jumbie, 09 June 2008 - 10:07 PM.