• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SteveT

SteveT

100% a Dick

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

I haven't seen much buzz for Hyrule Warriors on this forum, which leads me to believe that everyone here is horrible.  I got my copy today and played a few missions.  The ONLY flaw so far is that Tingle isn't playable.

#2 Twinrova

Twinrova

The Fallen

• Members
  • 14,738 posts
  • Romania

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

I want to play it but I don't have a Wii U. :(

#3 Sir Turtlelot

Sir Turtlelot

Svartifeldr

• Members
  • 5,193 posts
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

I picked up my copy on Friday, but I haven't really had much time to play it yet. I did get to play a little bit of co-op earlier today, which was pretty fun.

#4 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

The finest version of Myself

• Members
  • 15,804 posts
  • United States

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

It seems like a really fun game from what I've seen/played. It's basically a Zelda lite, loosely following the themes to keep it in line with the various games from the series while being a standard Dynasty Warriors game. My only gripe with it is the same I have with all Dynasty Warriors games and that is that the CPU hordes are so unbelievably stupid. It breaks the immersion a little.

#5 Egann

Egann

The Right Stuff

• Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'm very much on the fence on Hyrule Warriors. I always knew it would be fillerware, as in "the Wii U desperately needs some games to fill in between holiday season 2013  and holiday season 2014." It looks like it's fillerware of reasonable quality, but it's still fillerware.

My problem is that I'm really having a hard time justifying buying a Wii U. I actually think highly of it, but I also have to trust Nintendo completely to provide me with games on it. Nintendo is not hot on making games which fit my tastes.

That's been the story of the Wii U for two and a half years now. "That sounds like a fantastic game. It's not really my cup of tea and my interest is tepid and academic at best."

#6 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

The finest version of Myself

• Members
  • 15,804 posts
  • United States

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'm very much on the fence on Hyrule Warriors. I always knew it would be fillerware, as in "the Wii U desperately needs some games to fill in between holiday season 2013  and holiday season 2014." It looks like it's fillerware of reasonable quality, but it's still fillerware.

My problem is that I'm really having a hard time justifying buying a Wii U. I actually think highly of it, but I also have to trust Nintendo completely to provide me with games on it. Nintendo is not hot on making games which fit my tastes.

That's been the story of the Wii U for two and a half years now. "That sounds like a fantastic game. It's not really my cup of tea and my interest is tepid and academic at best."

I understand the issue Egann, although with the new Smash Bros. and the new Zelda coming out in 2015 I think now is just as good a time as any to pick one up.

#7 TheAvengerLever

TheAvengerLever

The Crispin Glover of LA

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:06 AM

This game is definitely not fillerware at ALL. It is extremely fun and extremely immersive. I've never actually played a Dynasty Warriors game, but this game is addicting, and fun. And the story is actually pretty awesome.

It also explains why all the Gorons are all wiped out in future parts of all Zelda timelines.

#8 Hana-Nezumi

Hana-Nezumi

Flower Mouse

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

I'm very interested in and excited for Hyrule Warriors and I would love to play it. But I'm still too broke to have a Wii U yet.

#9 Egann

Egann

The Right Stuff

• Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

I understand the issue Egann, although with the new Smash Bros. and the new Zelda coming out in 2015 I think now is just as good a time as any to pick one up.

Yeah. And it just happens that next year Sony is releasing Bloodborne, Witcher, FF XV, and No Man's Sky. My wallet is hating me already.

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name