#1 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

Selfish, Arrogant Bastard

• Moderators
  • 15,311 posts
  • United States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

http://www.kristv.co...grounds-family/

Long story short, the two parents could not control their two children before the flight could take off. The pilot found that two kids who could not sit down and be calm on the plane as a liability for the flight and decided to kick the family off the flight. They had to stay an extra night in their vacation destination and buy a new set of plane tickets.

Frankly, I'm sorry for the family but I don't think JetBlue was in the wrong for doing what they did. If someone is causing an issue on a plane then the decision as to what to do with them goes to the airline in question. As for children it's up to the parents to control their kids, not their fault that they're kids were having a tantrum but still their problem. What do you all think?

#2 Emiko

Emiko

So real I don't need to fake it

• Members
  • 3,573 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Jet Blue wasn't wrong for kicking them off......making them buy new tickets .....thats a bit rough lol.

Lesson. Drug your kids before flying.

#3 Kisseena

Kisseena

my lesbff

• Members
  • 8,900 posts
  • Puerto Rico

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

It was a bit harsh on making them buy new tickets, but I don't think it was wrong to kick them off. No one wants to stay on a flight with crying babies. People need to know how to control their kids.

There's also this thing going around that will allow restaurants to ban families (with babies/toddlers) on certain nights. Of course, they're high class restaurants. Or if a family can't control their kid the restaurant is allowed to kick them out because of the noise. I think that's perfectly okay too. No one wants to hear a loud baby crying while they're eating a pricey meal.

Edited by Princess Bitey, 09 March 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#4 Oberon Storm

Oberon Storm

Are you my mummy?

• Members
  • 3,196 posts
  • United States

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I do not see how a couple of kids are that big of a safety risk. Especially after the parents got them in buckled in. Fuck this airline. They're assholes.

#5 SnowsilverKat

SnowsilverKat

OMG ITS A SHINY PSYDUCK

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Unfortunately kids are not automatons that you can turn on and off at will. The pilot is probably under a lot of pressure to get the flight out on time and if a passenger is holding up that schedule, the pilot has the authority to remove that passenger for the sake of the others. Will he piss off one family? Absolutely. Will every other person on that plane get where they need to go on time? Hopefully. Maybe he decided 2 angry parents (that are left behind!) were a lot easier to deal with than a plane full of 150+ passengers mad at him because the late start made them miss their connecting flight/meeting/daughter's birthday/whatever.

Tough all around. Needless to say if I was out 2,000 dollars because my kid decided to drop a tantrum at a very inopportune moment, I would not be a happy camper. But that's a child for you, unfortunately. They're sweet and wonderful and adorable and rewarding...and messy and horrible and inconvenient and expensive all in one package.