Trope Our Characters
Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:54 PM
ALSO! Trope the other characters, too! We all have idealized visions of our characters, so we might miss some things. You can do locations, too.
Some stuff to start with:
- "Tykebomb": During ages 4 to about 13, this was her job. And she enjoyed it!
- "Evilly Affable"
- "Card Carrying Villain": Villainy is essentially her career and happy place.
- "Draco in Leather Pants": But that's okay, because she looks good in leather.
- "The Baroness": Minus the accent, unfortunately.
- "Bastard Understudy" or "The Starscream": For the years she was apprenticed to Chik.
- "Magnificent Bastard": When a solo villain, though she was pretty much always this. I'd like to think.
- "The Masochism Tango": With Chik
- "The Rival": Also with Chik
- "Tsundere": Type A
- "Grumpy Bear"
- "Noble Demon": At least during the Calatia period. Or getting there. Against her will.
- "Evil Mentor": To many people.
- "Card Carrying Villain": Her too.
- "Magnificent Bastard": In her own right.
- "God Save Us From the Queen": Except her people have traditionally liked it.
- "The Caligula" / "Evil Overlord"
- "Evil Matriarch"
- "Mama Bear": To generally anyone under her rule, though especially true of the Labyrinth folk.
- "I Got Better": Death was beneficial.
- "Physical God" / "God of Evil": Because of this.
- "Wicked Cultured": She does like her fancy things.
- "Femme Fatale"
- "Hero Killer"
- "Ermine Cape Effect": Gossamer robes aren't battle ready.
- "Person of Mass Destruction"
- "Villain Teleportation"
- "Rags to Royalty": Your average Chamber of Sages girl eventually becomes the Princess of Calatia.
- "Minion With an F In Evil" / "Perky Female Minion": As Lena's apprentice, she's not very good at this whole 'evil' thing...
- "Not So Harmless": However, despite her lack of evil, she's a master strategist and a pretty good fighter.
- "Beware the Nice Ones"
- "Mind Over Matter": Telekinesis is her signature attack.
- "Hair of Gold"
- "Think Nothing Of It": Oh so modest when she helps.
- "Odd Friendship": With Lena.
- "Action Girl"
- "The Stoic": Most of the time
- "Instant Awesome Just Add Ninja"
- "Katanas Are Just Better"
- "Walking Shirtless Scene": He's been having them more frequently these days. Must be the desert climate.
- "Estrogen Brigade Bait"
- "Dark and Troubled Past"
- "Knight Templar"
- "Took A Level In Badass": Character became a lot stronger over time.
- "The Brigadier": Or something like it. Tied in to...
- "Five Rounds Rapid"
- "The Men First"
- "No One Gets Left Behind"
- "A Father to His Men"
- "Stout Strength": Being a Dwarf
- "An Axe to Grind"
- "Katanas Are Just Better": Him too.
- "Hearing Voices"
- "For the Evulz"
- "Heroic Sociopath": Well, kind of. Sort of. Only because he's working for Calatia at the moment.
- "Talkative Loon": Bordering on i- no, already there.
- "The Berserker"
- "Blade on a Stick"
- "Only Sane Man"
- "Darker and Edgier": Since the Cataclysm
- "Break the Cutie": Same
- "The Fettered"
- "Right Makes Might"
- "Blow You Away"
Locations in General:
- "Crapsack World": Verden since Chik blew half of it up.
- "Evil Versus Evil": Calatia and Koridai are the only two major powers on Verden, and both are controlled by two ex-Labyrinth leaders now trying to kill each other.
- "Horny Vikings": Calatia
- "Religion of Evil": Koridai
- "The Empire": Kordiai and the former Alliance
- "La Resistance": Most people think Calatia is this.
- "Barbarian Tribe": What it actually is, for the most part.
- "Rape, Pillage and Burn": The Labyrinth's only real aim.
- "The Horde": The Labyrinth's population.
- "Proud Warrior Race": Most of them aspire to this.
- "Everything's Deader with Zombies": Ikana
Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:35 PM
"Path of Inspiration"
"Stalker with a Crush"
I feel some of these are kinda redundant.
Edited by JRPomazon, 24 April 2010 - 08:46 PM.
Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:04 PM
And boy does she love the selection of Church Militants on her side as they run a bonafide Empire, especially since she's a villian with such good publicity. Also, Lena has Princess Curls and all the denying in the world won't stop the fact. In fact, when not trying to kill each other, Chik and Lena used to be Vitriolic Best Buds. But hey, With Friends Like These...but for the last few years they're obviously more of Frenemies. Edit: One could say it has a lot to do with coming from a Big Screwed Up Family, but I won't go so far as to insinuate some things have or will ever occur there. Doesn't mean that Chik isn't a little upset that Blood isn't always Thicker Than Water for them, even if neither can deny that some behaviors are in their blood.
Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:12 PM
Really Seven Hundred Years Old: Actually, more like...
Older Than Dirt
Lawful Evil: Right now, anyway. Presumably he started off Chaotic Evil and mellowed through the millenia to this.
Lonely Together: Along with "Her"
Elite Mooks: The 10 Vanguard Teams. The Elite Vanguard is something beyond them.
Hidden Agenda Villain: Though I suppose he doesn't care if the goddess knows it or not.
Implacable Man: Thanks in part to "Her," and after Primus knows how many years of losing limbs and being killed horribly, pain just doesn't bother him anymore.
Straight Edge Evil: He may be iredeemably evil, but the man certainly has standards for himself.
Doomsday Device: Given the Time Period, what would you call what destroyed The Fortress?
Pragmatic Villainy: Because that tiny goddess is just so wasteful...
Ascend To A Higher Plane of Existence: "Her," obviously
Humans Are Bastards: Beleives this and acknowledges he's an example
Hearing Voices: Well, duh.
Berserker: Light version - no warcry, but leaps in without fear of death. May not have anything to do with the whole not dying bit by this point.
Lost Technology: In his study alone.
Precursors: Whatever "She" was part of - Drake himself as well. Unless Lena changed it, I see nothing about the original dorms (Clocktown, Lake Hylia, Artic Realm) the dorms after that (Duchy of Zeal, Big Boo's Haunt, Cloud 9) or the dorms after that (the original Labyrinth, Hall, and Kakariko). So yes, ancient civilizations ahoy.
Edited by DarkJuno, 24 April 2010 - 11:17 PM.
Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:03 AM
Big Badass Wolf: Naturally.
BFS: Weapon of choice since the Chronicles began
Dual Wielding: BFS + Smaller, gladius-sized Blade
Ancestral Weapon: The afore-mentioned BFS, and through odd backstory complications, the shorter blade.
Quest For Identity: Once, during season 2, and a second time for the current (2010) season.
Ascend To A Higher Plane Of Existance: Occured Post-Cataclysm, between seasons.
Victory Guided Amnesia: Due to the event that occured Post-Cataclysm.
Reincarnation: Of his great-grandfather, who forged the BFS Ancestral Weapon.
... and that's all I got so far.
Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:14 AM
Unless Lena changed it, I see nothing about the original dorms (Clocktown, Lake Hylia, Artic Realm) the dorms after that (Duchy of Zeal, Big Boo's Haunt, Cloud 9) or the dorms after that (the original Labyrinth, Hall, and Kakariko). So yes, ancient civilizations ahoy.
There was reference made to the first set, but only a vague "they once existed but we don't know jack about them" sort of line! I think the two versions of the LoD-HoH-Kak set just got merged together for the sake of comprehension.
Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:27 AM
Dark Is Not Evil
Good Old Ways
Greater Need Than Mine
Honor Before Reason
Think Nothing Of It
Seven Heavenly Virtues
Back From The Dead
Edited by Sir Turtlelot, 25 April 2010 - 06:37 PM.
Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:51 AM
He came in with a Cheshire Cat Grin, never really truthful about his motivations. Regardless, people went along with his plans, because he just seemed to know everything about everything along with other ambigiuous claims. He wasn't exactly an amiable character but that didn't seem to bother him. During his final moments, he managed to plough through a cascade of tropes, beginning as The Man Behind the Man who was revealed to be the Dragon In Chief and then turned into the Fake Boss in a Thirty Xanatos Pileup.
A crowning moment of Dissonant Serenity topped off a mission successfully completed in his own personal, self-contained Gainax Ending.
The cloak was a necessity to maintain his appearance.
Edited by Lazurukeel, 26 April 2010 - 11:30 PM.
Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:04 PM
Strapped to an Operating Table and made into a Super Soldier in his own superhero origin, he found himself with a Disability superpower. He soon makes a Great Escape and discovers a Badass Crew (who were a Ragtag Bunch of misfits). He joinsLaResistance, and realises that he just wants to be badass, but gets more than he bargained for during the Apocalypse of the Week. After a No holds Barred Beatdown he is swallowed into the Belly of the Whale and ends up mostly dead.
During a convenient Time Skip, he Takes a Level in Badass and is left with a Ridiculously Successful Future Self who could possibly become the Bastard Understudy in The Empire.
Ransom is an example of an Escapist Character.
Edited by RNSM, 25 April 2010 - 02:12 PM.
Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:13 PM
Now I have to do [img]http://forums.legendsalliance.com/public/ALOT.png[/img] of reading...
Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:04 PM
Badass Longcoat The above mentioned greenjacket is a bit on the short side but wears it like when he can.
Back From The Dead Khallos has been not killed so to speak at least twice due to Labyrinth/Ikana involvement.
Black Cloak Everyone needs a cloak, and the blacker, the cooler.
Horny Vikings and The Beserker Pretty self explanatory though not much to go beserk on yet.
Bling of War Subverted, nearly everything Khallos wears is practical. He certainly has a few nice editions and shinies as befitting his rank to stand out on a battlefield but other than that wears the same armour as his troops.
Multi Melee Master He is proficient in many weapons and will reguarly carry 4 or 5 strapped to his body at all times. Will be the first person to grab a spear when seeing cavalry or a large axe on the appearance of heavy armour.
The Men First Casualties are to be avoided.
Most certainly Would Hit a Girl, experience dictates having boobies in no way hinders a person's ability to crush your face in. The most powerful being known to the world is female after all. This is reflected in recruitment to the Huscarls trying to reach out to both sexes.
Believes in a A Lighter Shade of Grey, naturally he fights on the side of the lighter shade, disliking what he sees as lawfully stupid and church militant Empire.