I was trying to tell you before that old Hyrule was not flooded, but “washed away”. The entire land is gone, so they can’t rebuild on a land that isn’t there, even if it was drained. They would have to find a new land. OOT Hyrule and ALTTP Hyrule match up pretty well that we can conclude it’s the same Hyrule. Maybe the village of the Blue Maiden area isn’t shown in ALTTP Hyrule, and where did that Dark Tower go? Or that huge Ice Rink? Its possible that the village of the Blue Maiden area came after ALTTP which would match with LOZ coming after as well, since there is a green area south of Lake Hylia in there too. The geography is subject to change over and over, we shouldn’t waste our time on it.
1) "Washed away" can't possibly be metaphor?
2) "This ancient land of Hyrule" can't possibly refer to the kingdom instead of the geographical location?
3) What, is there going to be a gaping hole to the earth's core where Hyrule used to be?
Lake Hylia is where the Village of the Blue Maiden is shown in FSA.
The Dark Tower corresponds roughly to Ganon's Tower in TWW, which explains why he turns it into his fortress.
That there is a village devoted to maidens does definitely correspond with villages being devoted to sages in LoZ.
I do agree with you. I have always tossed the idea around in the back of my head that LOZ Hyrule could be a new Hyrule they find. I consider putting LOZ after WW in my theory lots of times. Spectacle Rock doesn’t allow me too, as well as the Triforce seemingly leaving the scene to go back to the SR or something, and then the entrance to the SR being lost. Plus, its easier o explain why the Triforce is in Hyrule in LOZ - Link was its owner (a Hylian).
Link =/= Royal Family. He's never even implied to be king in ALttP, and neither does the Triforce pass to the king in the ending.
Daphnes was the Triforce's owner in TWW, though. The Triforce could be "leaving the scene" to go anywhere, including to be "left behind" for a new king to reunite in AoL. Same could be true of Oracles. More than likely, though, is that one of these games has the Triforce returning to the Sacred Realm. I prefer Oracles, of the two, because TWW does set up nicely for a scenario in which a "new king" should be found (since they want to build a new country). Oracles also concludes the LoZ Ganon arc nicely by completely eliminating his revival cult, which seems to serve as more of a conclusion to the Triforce's activity than TWW's open-ended ending.
You are only going to see the proof when you want to.
I see that the IW places itself at a point in the timeline that can only be occupied by OoT.
Until I see proof that this has changed, I have to go against a directly stated fact (not to mention the developers) to place the IW elsewhere.
Proof that complicates the relationship between OoT and ALttP is not proof that the IW has moved, simply proof that its relationship to either OoT or ALttP is more complicated. If OoT is the IW (which the developers have stated and seemingly upheld), then we already know that the IW's relationship to ALttP must be complicated, since OoT's is.
Unless OoT isn't the IW, which hasn't yet been shown.
1) 2) 3) How does the FS get to the Dark World? Better yet, after the flood, how is it possible to enter the SR? If the point in which the goddesses left the land was the SR, which was in old Hyrule, how is it still possible to enter the SR if this isn’t the same Hyrule? The old Hyrule was washed away, thus washing away the entrance to the SR and quite possibly the SR itself.
1) The maidens seal the FS away at the end of FSA.
(Note: This is a certifiable fact, although my interpretation of the implications of this is not.)
2) By creating portals that lead there, presumably.
3) I never said it wasn't the same Hyrule territory
, just not the same kingdom
4) Possibly, but doubtful.
This doesn’t make sense…and I think you know why. Why isn’t it proportion to where old Hyrule would be on the Great Sea? If the water was drained then Maze Island should be a mountain afterwards. If there is a new Hyrule, the Maze Island wouldn’t magically move to its location.
1) AoL Hyrule isn't Old Hyrule? And it's in relative proportion to where it should be relative to Death Mountain, if we take Goron Island to be Death Mountain (which I do).
2) Not necessarily.
3) It doesn't have to...
There is no more Royal Family after WW. Even in your theory, this would be a new Royal Family.
And AoL is said to be the fulfillment of a wait for a new king to unite the Triforce anyway.
Edited by LionHarted, 24 May 2008 - 02:21 PM.