11 replies to this topic

#1 Armeggadon

Armeggadon

The Dead-ly Bunny

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

topic descriptions are fun >.>

Anyway onto the real reason for this thread.
BACKSTORY::: At our school we have to do a senior project for our english class that counts as 30% of the final grade. There is a research paper and a product part to this project, and we finished the reasearch paper last semester.

Ok, now that's out of the way, my senior project is on website design. Basically my product will be to purchase, create, and maintain a website. One major problem though... I have no content. This is where you come in!!! Help me think of some ideas for content. Right now pretty much everything is fair game. The only hinderence right now is that it must be school appropriate.

Everything I think of has been done a million times and I was hoping to do something more original (maybe even like a fake item site (ex. www.panexa.com)) I can't think of anything though and was hoping maybe the creative (read twisted) minds in here could come up with something =P

Please help me! Thanks ^_^

#2 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,357 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

Well, I'm majoring in Web Design, and I just had to take a class on Flash - which involved creating a website from the program. I chose to do mine on CASK, the "Coalition Against Squirrel Kind" which offered nukes, landmines and other such things to people who wanted to be rid of squirrels. Included were testimonies, an order form, etc, etc.

And before that I think I just did a site containing info on LoD. Recently I made a personal one just for kicks.

http://www.freewebs.com/anduruna/

That one is the recent one.

So... tell us a little more about your research paper. What's it exactly about? Just the 'net in general?

#3 Armeggadon

Armeggadon

The Dead-ly Bunny

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

My research paper was basically the history behind web design (mainly the languages used) and then it went into detail on the different parts of website design (content, layout, color schemes, css usage, usability tips, etc) nothing specific pertaining to my product. We do the research paper first and then base the product off of it (since I did web design for my paper I'm designing a site for my product) and I have a good layout scheme planned but I couldn't come up with any content.

I've had a few ideas but they're all pretty general (host videos, a "best of" site, a website on doing senior project >.>) and I wanted something more original. Plus I'm actually buying web space and "hopefully" maintaining the site (that's a long run thing... right now I'm just worried about getting enough content to pass XD)

But yeah... any ideas are helpful. I like that squirrel thing <.< **thinks about making a site against evil animals**

Edit} I have flash available to me but I don't know how to use it too well yet so I'm not going to make my site with it. Just sticking to HTML, CSS, and PHP.

Edited by Armeggadon, 24 December 2005 - 09:32 PM.

#4 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

the kiss of death

• Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • United States

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:03 PM

sorry, i canna think of anything... i wish you the best of luck on the project though... i remember the days... *ish lost in reminicing*

#5 Armeggadon

Armeggadon

The Dead-ly Bunny

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

lol thanks. I'm seriously thinking about making a site for an organization against evil animals (can't come up with a good acronym though XD)

but yeah... any ideas are stillb helpful lol... we have to start it after we go back from break so i have util nest tuesday to come up with my idea ><

#6 Green Goblin

Green Goblin

The voices in my head tell me to burn things...

• Members
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

umm......web comic?

#7 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,357 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:17 PM

Lemmings Are Your Enemies. Really.

LAYER.

Rednecks Against Penguins? RAP?

*shrug* o.o

#8 Chikara Nadir

Chikara Nadir

Crisis from the Skies

• Admin
  • 13,563 posts
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:47 PM

Lemmings Are Your Enemies. Really.

Goddamn you. What did those lemmings ever do to you, Lenabot? Really!

You can always have a page on the site that just goes over the different things that people use in web design. Colours, pictures, links, etc etc, for the people who don't know jack shit about web site creation.

#9 Armeggadon

Armeggadon

The Dead-ly Bunny

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:00 AM

XD again i want to do soemthing somewhat original. And i don't think i ever saw lemmings as evil oO suicidal maybe...

#10 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,357 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

Oh jeezus, don't get the hobbit started on those lemmings. o.o

#11 Chikara Nadir

Chikara Nadir

Crisis from the Skies

• Admin
  • 13,563 posts
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:13 PM

The lemmings of lore that everyone believes to be suicidal were mainly based off of the misconception that Disney's Wild Kingdom gave years ago, when they went to the middle of Canada with children's pet lemmings, filmed them 'migrating' as they ran across a small turntable, and finally they were pursuaded (by pushing) to jump off a small 'cliff' that had other crewmembers below to catch them.

1) Lemmings were not native to the area that they were filming
2) These were not wild lemmings
3) European lemmings migrate; American ones do not
4) The entire thing was FAKED

And ever since then the misconception has spread to comics, nature books, etc. Besides, what would even be the harm of a lemming jumping into a lake/river/sea, as the legends describe? They can swim something like a kilometre, or half of one at least, I forget. XP

#12 Armeggadon

Armeggadon

The Dead-ly Bunny

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

pfft who cares about real lemmings. as far as i'm concerned teh only lemmings that have ever existed follow my exact commands to get to the end of a puzzle while trying to keep as many alive as possible (or blocking them into a small area and making them all blow up :P)

Edited by Armeggadon, 29 December 2005 - 01:20 AM.