• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HarryHatMan

HarryHatMan

Warrior

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:05 AM

In this thread, there is a small piece of information from a commentary of a piece of TP footage. I will not talk about what was in the footage, but it was concerning somthing anyone who has see the 'official artwork' with the two figures on it was seen.

If you have not even see this artwork and do not want to know what it looks like, you should go, but it sheds some light on a small unresolved issue.

There has been some disscussion in the past about the like between the 'Sheikah symbol' and the one on Agahnim's cloak. So far it was resloved that this was either a symbol of a 'dark magic user' or that Agahnim was posing as a Sheikah to get even closer to the king.

Posted Image Posted Image

Also the use of it on items (primarily in OOT) can link with both theorys, because they use magic, or they where made by Sheikah. However, a coment on the cloak of the 'mysteriouse figure' in the TP official artwork sheds some light on the situation. The head of the translation team for localising the games said that it was a garb with traditional markings for those you have seen death.

This fits in with the sheikah, as they are liked to the underworld and shadow, I know it is only the head of the translation team, but they decided what goes in the game and what dosnt. Not nessasarlay 'cannon' but in an area such as this i think it can count as evidence.

#2 ~Light Goddess~

~Light Goddess~

Assassin

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

Ya! I've been trying to give hints around the board about that. But what else could it mean? From Ooc, Impa was the Sage of Shadow, which could mean something, but maybe Princess Zelda is hiding, so she's put on the Sheikah symbol like she did before in Ooc as Sheik.

But does anyone else have any ideas about this?

#3 HarryHatMan

HarryHatMan

Warrior

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

It could be used to be in hiding, keeping your seacrets safe or hiding your identiy (IE OOT) but the mask of truth can see through magical protection. Hense why Ganondorf cannot sense Zelda when she is in shiek form.

#4 D~N

D~N

just a humble polymath

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

OMG that makes so much sence HHM!!! Perfect sence. I agree with HHM 100%. Hands down.

#5 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:48 PM

Ya! I've been trying to give hints around the board about that. But what else could it mean? From Ooc, Impa was the Sage of Shadow, which could mean something, but maybe Princess Zelda is hiding, so she's put on the Sheikah symbol like she did before in Ooc as Sheik.

But does anyone else have any ideas about this?

OoC?

#6 Zythe

Zythe

Beginner

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

There's no relation. Vaati wants to be an eye, Dethl is an eye, the Soul Edge has an eye, Aghanim thinks eyes are cool and the Sheikah worship them. Really, anything else is unfounded assumption.

#7 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

I think the Japanese have a weird obsession with eyes. Take the Ring for example..

#8 MikePetersSucks

MikePetersSucks

Actual Japanese Person

• ZL Staff
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

and .hack

#9 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

I was just giving one example. There are others. The Grudge. The Eye. 3X3 Eyes. I could go on...

#10 Crazy Penguin

Crazy Penguin

Knight

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

The distinction of the Sheikah eye though, is that it has a "handle".

#11 Hero of Slime

Hero of Slime

Zol

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:35 PM

The eye is just a recurring symbol. If the game creators wanted to show connections using the eye they would have made all the eye symbols identical. The Sheikah, Agahnim, and Vatti eye symbols all look different. So, there cannot be a connection between them.

#12 HarryHatMan

HarryHatMan

Warrior

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:29 AM

The eye is just a recurring symbol. If the game creators wanted to show connections using the eye they would have made all the eye symbols identical. The Sheikah, Agahnim, and Vatti eye symbols all look different.

They all have three spikes above them, every one, the lens of truth, the gossip stones, the cloak from TP, Agahnim's and Impa's. The thing that differs is what is underneath, be it 3 spikes (Agahnim, mirroring the top) A drip (always used by the Sheikah) or a small circle (on the gossip stones).

Oh and I was assuming OoC wat OOT...

#13 MikePetersSucks

MikePetersSucks

Actual Japanese Person

• ZL Staff
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:48 PM

the three spikes could just be eyelashes. >.>

#14 HarryHatMan

HarryHatMan

Warrior

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

But it makes it more than 'just an eye symbol,' it makes it a recurring motif.

#15 Octorok

Octorok

Hott!

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

But the triangles above Aghanim's eye are different from those the other symbols, and the Shiekah eye has litlle round things coming out of the sides and curling up above it.

#16 martinDTanderson

martinDTanderson

Apprentice

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

There are 3 eye symbols which have re-appeared throughout the Zelda Series, The First is Aghanim's Symbol, then there is the Shiekah Symbol and finally a strange mix of the two used by Ganondorf in The Wind Waker...

#17 Guest_Clay_*

Guest_Clay_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

I think it's just a symbol for Hyrulian Black Magic or something. Shadowy stuff.

The eye represents an extra eye that sees the "truth" or those which live in "shadow". It is there to represent that which cannot be seen by the naked/normal eye.

While they are all different, they are interconnected in their meaning, but not the same eye specifically. Possibly different representations of the same eye from different races. One being Sheikah, one being Minish and one being whatever Agahnim's race was (which I THINK is somehow related to Gerudo, as Agahnim was a shadow of Ganon in some way or form. I forgot specifically).

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name