Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:54 AM

http://www.zeldalege...php?p=130&s=585

#2 Archaic Sage

Archaic Sage

Crusader

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

Dunno whether or not to believe that. I've not seen or heard of this anywhere else yet.

#3 lord-of-shadow

lord-of-shadow

Max Nichols

• ZL Staff
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:16 AM

Believe it. Those are too many new screens, which look to good. Nobody has the time and skills to photoshop that much that well. Besides, your only reason to not believe it is because you haven't seen it anywhere else. You don't think that Zelda Legends can post breaking news before most other sites? ;)

Besides, it's not surprising - the next issue of EGM is supposed to have similar things, and I'm sure a few other magazines are as well. This Spanish Magazine just managed to get to the public first.

I've also talked with a few people who have the magazine. I should be getting translations soon.

#4 Guest_Jabba_*

Guest_Jabba_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:25 AM

LoL. I was just about to post this. No tunic, that fuckin pwnz. It would be nice to see some better screens of that. Cant wait for the translations. Finally some towns and village people, i think thats the stuf that will help make the game.

#5 Kairu Hakubi

Kairu Hakubi

Master

• ZL Staff
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

Neat. It has character.. real character.. and.. pie. :D

#6 Guest_Sheikav_*

Guest_Sheikav_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:51 AM

I am from Mexico buy a Spanish friend told me this:
* Toaru´s Town.- This is the first town in the game and where you learn all about moves and the control of Link
* Ranch.- There is a mini-game in the Ranch, this mini-game is about cath cows.
* There is an impressive battle in a bridge
* The game is more big than Ocarina of Time (70 hours)

This is that told but I am waiting scans, when I have it I told you more info.

#7 Zythe

Zythe

Beginner

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

Is Taoru the name of a sage? I'd love if the pregnant woman named her kid something that ties to earlier games, like "Sahasrahla" or "Kasuto" or something.

#8 Guest_SouthpawLink_*

Guest_SouthpawLink_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:37 PM

Here's some information that I found at The Legend of Zelda board, over at IGN (credit goes to _Xander_):

http://boards.ign.co...88/85306808/?44

You can see that Link will have a new farmer-like costume. But it is in which looks to be the first zone of the game, a village called Toaru Village. They say that only the village was quite big, with several zones. Here we see the first Non Playable Characters, who have a very creative stile, between OOT and TWW.

One important thing about Link that we can only notice with his farmer costume: He has the Triforce mark on his left hand. AOL anyone? Another thing is that, even though Link will start the game being 16 years old, he will mature as the story goes on. There's no new info about the story of the game. That's because Aonuma says that they won't say any important things about it until the E3

The scenarios are beautiful, though they are similar to "Fable" (at least the village). Overall, the game has a Shonen Manga look. Aonuma says that they didn't want the game to be too realistic, like in a Square Enix's CG, so they chose this stile.

BTW... Cuccos are back! Only one appears, but it's more than enough to confirm it. They look more realistic than ever.

And more animals. A type of blue cows with huge horns that we find in a ranch (there's no sight of Malon or Talon, and the writer doesn't say anything about if they appear or not...) And this cows have some bad mood: in one pic one of them knocks Link out!

Now, let's go with the info:

The writer played with three diferent demos, as said before.

In the first demo, the writer played in Toaru Village, and he says that it looks to be the first zone of the game since the demo were a tutorial of the game. Aonuma's intention with this tutorial is making it fun to play, so the noobs of the series learn the basic controls quickly at the same time that experienced players have fun doing several actions. For example, we'll have to help a pregnant woman to carry some heavy stuff to her house. (Yep. This game is clearly more mature ^^)

The second demo happens in the ranch and it shows a mini-game. We'll have to ride the horse and guide all the cows to the stall in a limited time. The writer says that it is incredibly fun!

The last demo, and the most impresive of all, acording with the writer, was a horse battle scene. In that demo he had to fight a big enemy with armor, riding a boar (armored too) and a group of minions. There are two ways to defeat him: with the sword or with the bow. But we have to bee near enough to hit him (looks like the arrows won't have infinite range anymore) and get close to him, at the same time we dodge the minion's attacks. The writer says it is really intense! He also sayd that the battlefield was huge, what made him to ask Aonuma how big the game is going to be. Aonuma said that the game is going to be two or three times bigger than OOT. Maybe even more. And they're trying the game to last 70 hours!

In this demo, there was also a new kind of horse battle: a joust! (Well... more or less. We won't use a spear, but the sword) This joust will be on a stone brigde over a canyon with beautiful looks.

Now to finish, in the last page of the article, they show a square with information of the next Zelda for NDS. Aonuma says that the concept will be quite different from the one in "Four Swords Adventures", though the interaction between characters will be similar. And another important thing: It will have on-line modes with the Wi-Fi of the handheld! He also says that it will use the touch screen and the double screen.

Well, nothing more. I'll try to make more detailed scans of the pics so you can see them, enjoy and start to speculate again lol My first speculation after seeing this new pics is that this Link is a new one. He's not TWW Link grown up. (It doesn't look like it in the new screens with his new costume)

The following section has been posted at both IGN (on the boards) and gamesarefun.com:

http://www.gamesaref...php?newsid=4746

- The story begins with Link as an adult (he is 16 years old in this game and will grow up as the game progresses)

- The village that appears in the pics is the first area in the game (as Kokiri Village in OoT)

- Controls are similar to those of OoT and Wind Waker
- The game's extension is 2 to 3 times bigger than Ocarina of Time

- The adventure can last up to 70 hours

- Horse battles will be a main part of the game

- Eiji Aonuma says: "Making the water trasparent in this new Zelda as opossed to Wind Waker will allow us to give a realistic and more beautiful feel to the game and also open the game to a new subaquactic world"

- Z targetting found in OoT is again used (with the L button in the GC's controller)

- Jumping is again automatic

- Eiji Aonuma wants the graphical style to be close to manga-style (he thinks that the Link found in the SpaceWorld 2000 demo looked like a puppet and lacked personality)"

:D

#9 lord-of-shadow

lord-of-shadow

Max Nichols

• ZL Staff
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, Xander's quick description is where I got most of my info.

#10 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

I don't agree with it not being TWW Link. He has the same beige-colored highwater pants and the same sandals. He has a new shirt and some armor but c'mon! Do you really think he's wear the same clothes for four years?

#11 Hana-Nezumi

Hana-Nezumi

Flower Mouse

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

I don't like the new clothes. IMO, they make link look fat. And since when are photos considered scans?

#12 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

Wasn't Tauro village the original name for Windfall?

#13 Guest_Jabba_*

Guest_Jabba_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

Thats what i was thinking. I dont mind his new clothes, I think there just OoT Links but more detailed. I have no doubtin my mind that this is OoT Link... Yet

#14 24-Year-Old

24-Year-Old

The little brother you never had... or wanted.

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:24 PM

This had better be the direct sequel to TWW. If not, I will be mad.

#15 Neon Z

Neon Z

Apprentice

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:46 PM

Wasn't Tauro village the original name for Windfall?

At least, according to JL Lee's guide to Japanese WW, Windfall's Japanese name is Taura, it's not all that close to Toaru...

#16 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

They look the same to me.

EDIT: I googled Toaru and apparently it's a Japanase saying for the opening phrase of a fairy tale like "Once upon a Time"... or something. Anyways it means "There was once was such a thing." Heh! Kinda reminds me of Outset.

#17 Archaic Sage

Archaic Sage

Crusader

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

I suppose this is a strong possibility. I don't mean to sound so rude, but I don't like getting my hopes up on things like this.

The pics do look good however.

#18 Guest_TanakaBros06_*

Guest_TanakaBros06_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

This is all very interesting. Link's new startout clothes are ugly, and make him look like an FF character. TWW's outfit was much better.

I have changed my opinion of this Link: Before I felt very sure that he was the HoW, but now I have a feeling it's a new guy.

#19 Vazor

Vazor

Pancake Pirate

• Members
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

...which is exactly what I've been saying since the first trailor came out.

I'm very interested to see what will be in the new issue of EGM when they write about this topic...

#20 SnowsilverKat

SnowsilverKat

OMG ITS A SHINY PSYDUCK

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

Final Fantasy ish? I had the same impression when I first saw those clothes. I literally said, "is that Tidus or something?"

I dunno, I can deal with civilian clothes. The sandals are awesome, because sandals rock.

Oh, and l-o-s, your avatar is adorable.

#21 lord-of-shadow

lord-of-shadow

Max Nichols

• ZL Staff
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

Thanks, Snowsilverkat. It's not usually the sort of thing I'd use, but I loved the art to much to do anything else.

#22 Zythe

Zythe

Beginner

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

I don't like the new clothes. IMO, they make link look fat. And since when are photos considered scans?

When they've been scanned off of magazines.

#23 Guest_thebawp_*

Guest_thebawp_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:44 AM

For a full translation plus the high res scans go to http://botu.northcastle.co.uk then go to the Vault section (Zelda '05 scans).

#24 Skyreus

Skyreus

Crusader

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

One thing that assures me is that they're going for a cross between The Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time in terms of the artwork for the characters, with the goal being to not make the game too realistic. That helps ease me to know that they'll keep the fairy tale like charm in the series.
Unfortunately I still heavily dislike the spider enemies (hopefully that will change) and the new Queen Ghoma designs (Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker designs for the Queen were much better) so hopefully those get fixed up before the game is released.

It might be a tradition now to see Link not wearing his classic clothing from the start only to have him pick it up somehow along the way :P.
The game starts out at a ranch... that seems quite fitting :)

Since the Triforce of Courage appears on Link's left hand I guess we're all but officially guaranteed the return of Ganon :D :tri:

#25 FDL

FDL

Famicom

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:25 AM

This game truly looks awesome. I'm actually more excited to see these town parts than I am to see the action parts. Looks like the game will have [img]http://forums.legendsalliance.com/public/ALOT.png[/img] of both. I hope that the game really is as long as it is said it'll be.

#26 Guest_Shethryl_*

Guest_Shethryl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

On one side, it's been confirmed this is not a sequel to the Wind Waker.

On the other side, those photos seem the exact style of the up-and-coming Zelda game. I simply cannot wait for the release of the Legend of Zelda GCN. If they even release the damn TITLE I'd faint.
In an article, the gameplay at its fastest can be up to 70 hours.

#27 SnowsilverKat

SnowsilverKat

OMG ITS A SHINY PSYDUCK

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:38 PM

On one side, it's been confirmed this is not a sequel to the Wind Waker.

:blink: ...wait, do you have a source for that or is that just your speculation?

Unless one of the developers/producers/whatever of the game itself comes forward and says that, I'm not going to really decide where or when this game takes place at all.

I could see it either way: yes, this could be a 'new' Link, this could also be the Link from the Wind Waker. Either way, the screenshots are pretty. And the cows are interesting...it looks like they have fused horns or something in the screens.

#28 Guest_Shethryl_*

Guest_Shethryl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:45 PM

|I forget where, but it said that either Miyamoto-san or Nintendo said in an interview it wouldn't. I think it was Myamoto-san. I dunno where to find it though, kinda wandered upon the article by accident....|

I can't really say anything more about the coming of the game. All I know is that once the new Zelda is released, I'll be half-dead from excitement, and when Chronicles of Hyrule is released, I'll blow myself up in absolute hype.

#29 Archaic Sage

Archaic Sage

Crusader

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

That does mean that they are contradicting themselves. As it's already been stated that Zelda05 is chronologically placed after WW.

#30 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:18 PM

Okay, people stop saying it's not TWW Link. It's set after TWW so it's either TWW Link or someone entirely new. Both are still legitament guesses and are the ONLY options. Now stop with this "it's OoT Link!" nonesense. It's not him.

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name