Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,969 posts
  • NATO

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Gameplay:

Trailer:

Needless to say, this looks fucking awesome. I'm kind of hoping that they set it in the Assassin's Creed universe somehow.

#2 Sir Deimos

Sir Deimos

Harbinger of the Fall.

• Members
  • 10,170 posts
  • Swaziland

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

If they drag assassins versus templars into this it'll totally ruin the whole thing. I cannot wait for more information. Especially on the way they'll be utilizing multiplayer. Until more information comes out there isn't a whole lot to say, other than, "Ok Ubisoft. I'm listening."

#3 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

Selfish, Arrogant Bastard

• Moderators
  • 15,215 posts
  • United States

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

FFFFFFUCK. This game looks awesome.

#4 SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

ANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELS...

• Members
  • 6,307 posts
  • Location:My workshop, making fanfiction, sprites and miniature weapons of mass destruction.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hooray, another overhyped game I'll never get to play because I don't have/plan to get a PS3 or XBox 360! [/bitch]

Watch_Dogs gives me the impression of "GTA in the distant future." I am intrigued. Also, mass-multiplayer (you wouldn't have seen this if you didn't watch the E3 conference, the multiplayer reveal isn't in the other trailers as far as I know).

Edited by SL the Pyro, 05 June 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#5 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,969 posts
  • NATO

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

If they drag assassins versus templars into this it'll totally ruin the whole thing. I cannot wait for more information. Especially on the way they'll be utilizing multiplayer. Until more information comes out there isn't a whole lot to say, other than, "Ok Ubisoft. I'm listening."

I'm not saying a direct tie in, just references somehow. It looks like the guy's an assassin of some kind, and the year looks like it's about the same time that the "present" part of AC is set.

#6 vodkamaru

vodkamaru

Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

My biggest gripe with the trailer is that the "cell phone" has no gameplay mechanic. By this I mean, you just go to your wheel menu and press a button. I want to distract the guard... press the button. I want to identify someone... press the button. I want to stop a car... press the button. Take that away and you end up with any other GTA clone. To me it looks like what GTA5 will end up looking like, as far as graphics and quantity/quality of NPC AI, with a built in cheat code device. I'm kind of interested in the possibility of the Dark Souls-esque multiplayer, but if that sits on top of another boring sandbox game then it's not worth it.

#7 Stew

Stew

Legendary

• Members
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

It looks like the device could be used in some creative ways, making more than one way to complete a mission. There is also the potential for some very cool puzzles and stuff.

I can already feel my PC heating up trying to play this...

#8 DarkJuno

DarkJuno

Lord of the Foys

• Moderators
  • 8,760 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

And nobody is pointing out the msot puzzling and intriguing part of the demo - there's an entirely different, second player at the end (look at the stage, two different people) doing his own mission while the first guy was doing his, and it involved watching the first guy and helping him without his knowledge. What the hell does that mean and how does that work? That could turn overly complicated and useless fast, but it could also be the most brilliant thing in the game.

#9 Sir Deimos

Sir Deimos

Harbinger of the Fall.

• Members
  • 10,170 posts
  • Swaziland

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Everyone is pointing that out every time someone mentions multiplayer.