42 replies to this topic

#31 Showsni

Showsni

The Fallen

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • England

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Did anyone nominate the Flintstones? Or some of the classics like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny?

#32 Masamune

Masamune

not here but you never know

• Members
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Are there rumors of EMH being ended? That sucks. It's got a great thing going.

#33 J-Roc

J-Roc

"Y'know what I'm sayin'?"

• Members
  • 3,413 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

#34 Sir Turtlelot

Sir Turtlelot

Svartifeldr

• Members
  • 4,994 posts
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Did anyone nominate the Flintstones? Or some of the classics like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny?

I picked Road Runner, though I was also considering Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry. All three were amazing cartoons.

#35 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,094 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Wait, here we go. Reboot.

Started out as a silly show testing out computer animation, turned into an epic war in cyberspace. Masterful satire of pop culture and early gaming/computer culture - not simply making fun, but using it to shape the entire setting. Good mix of humor and drama, especially in the third season. Even back then they knew to portray "The Web" as being an evil place full of horrendous monsters and villains. Way before its time.

Watching it again last year - still good, even as an adult. Now able to understand all the dirty, filthy jokes they got by the censors!

#36 Khallos

Khallos

WE DO NOT SOW

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Metalocalypse. The trails and tribulations of a metal band with more money than Belgium and the greatest force of accidental destruction on Earth.

#37 DarkJuno

DarkJuno

Lord of the Foys

• Moderators
  • 8,627 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, as it is, the back 13 episodes are all going to be stand alone stories since Jeph Loeb's in charge of Marvel Animation now and hates serial storytelling - odd since he ran Heroes for that awful third season. Now there's talk of the suits not wanting a bunch of different timelines in their cartoons and ending EMH to just make a new Avengers in-line with Ultimate Spider-man so it's one bi universe. Yet Spider-man showed up in EMH anyway, so....I don't quite get it, beyond the slight logic of consolidating everything into one. It's doing it at the expense of a succesful show that's annoying.

#38 Masamune

Masamune

not here but you never know

• Members
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Why didn't they just make the new Spider-Man in the EMH universe? Its canon already had incorporated (with many continuity blurps) Wolverine and the X-Men, Hulk Vs., Tales of Asgard, and other stuff I think. They had the makings of a masterful new singular canon that would've been better than that 90s Marvelverse they tried and had the potential to rival the DCAU.

Oh well. That's suits for you.

#39 SteveT

SteveT

The Odinson

• Members
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm convinced that when people get promoted or put in charge of programming blocks, they try to get all the good shows cancelled, just so they can "do better" than their predecessor. Losing Earth's Mightiest Heroes for B.S. reasons really is a shame. If Marvel had managed to keep control of the situation, I fully agree that they could have rivaled the DCAU.

Also, Jeph Loeb? How does he keep getting jobs in the comics/comics-related industry? He's written some good stories, but he absolutely fails at understanding other people's characters, yet insists on ensemble casts. He'll probably drive EMH into the ground to the point where we'll all be glad it's gone.

...Maybe that's Marvel's plan.

#40 Toan

Toan

feeesh

• Admin
  • 7,781 posts
  • Mars

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned South Park.

#41 Echo

Echo

All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream...

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • World

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

This is going to be epic ;d

I didn't give explanation to my 2 entries because I didn't think they needed it... ITS AVATAR AND ZIM! :lmao:

#42 Veteran

Veteran

Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

• Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sorry for the delay in setting the polls up. I'm away for the weekend, should be sorting things out on Monday where I'll also decide my own nominations.

#43 Veteran

Veteran

Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

• Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

And we're underway!