Legends Alliance Forums

Photo

Another Xbox topic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Veteran

Veteran

Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

• Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

As google fu has failed me:

I finally updated my xbox to the Windows 8 appearance the other day. I noticed there's now cloud storage for saved games for Gold members. Do you know if that service renders the transfer kit moot?

I still have a 20 GB model and with it not looking like a 720 is coming for a while, I'm thinking of upgrading to the proper 250 GB model. But I begrudge having to pay around £60 just to transfer my save games.

I'd be more than happy buying Gold for a month to use what I assume is the modern, hippy version. No leads man, look at the clouds. Woah, they're like, shapes, or something.

#2 Toan

Toan

feeesh

• Admin
  • 7,781 posts
  • Mars

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think you can, from what my Google Fu is telling me... but there may be an easier way than that. By any chance do you have a spare USB lying around that has a semi-decent capacity for all your game saves? Say, a 4GB USB?

I ask because of this article:

Use the Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable

If you've purchased a new Xbox 360 console, you can transfer everything — games, videos, music, saved games, gamertags, and even your hard-won achievements — to your new console!

Note If you need to move only a small amount of content (16 GB or less), you can use a USB storage device to move the content to your new console. Find out more about using a USB storage device.

Clicking the "find out more" link they provide has a wealth of information about how easy it is to plug in your USB to the Xbox, click "format", and then use it to copy and move game saves and gamer tag info over. And this way you don't have to purchase any Xbox Live Gold, and I know how much you love to save on money. ;) Instead, you can go spend it on that new Xbox and some of those downloadable titles I've mentioned to you but you've shied away from (for lack of storage)!

#3 Veteran

Veteran

Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

• Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

That's good to know, thanks. I might wait until E3 to find out what Microsoft has in line, and if it's just a Apple Microsoft TV then I'lll buy a new 360.

#4 J-Roc

J-Roc

"Y'know what I'm sayin'?"

• Members
  • 3,413 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

That's good to know, thanks. I might wait until E3 to find out what Microsoft has in line, and if it's just a Apple Microsoft TV then I'lll buy a new 360.

Isn't it pretty much set in stone that XBOX isn't upgrading hardware?

#5 Nevermind

Nevermind

Building consensus...

• Members
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yeah it is, they made the official statement that there would be no E3 announcements regarding new consoles and that 2012 was a year to focus on the 360.