Emiko

So real I don't need to fake it

• Members
  • 3,573 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

I know you all remember this story from a few years ago

IT goes like this:

A mother goes in a grocery store to order her son's birthday cake, the store refuses to write his name on the cake because they named him "Adolf Hitler". (if they just made their own damn cake no one would even know about it) The news gets wind and they find out that this couple have a couple other kids in the home with strange names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie.

Trying to find some way to figure out how to take the kids away from these parents because of their horrible naming skills they found a violence charge on someone...and used that to say that the kids were in a violent home....there fore removing them from the parents custody.

The parents defend their naming skills saying something like it is there right to name their kids whatever they want...and they were doing it for some specific reason I can't remember.

Now they gave birth to a happy healthy baby boy that they named Hons... (that's all I got...doesn't sound that neo-nazi to me).....

and CPS took this baby away too.

Ok, granted the parents had horrible name choices to the rest of the United States....Other then the obvious, who will hire Adolf Hitler for a job? It screams "Im in a gang and I will kill all your family"....

But maybe he will grow up to be a respectable member of society with a cursed name? Seriously, is having bad name choices really worth taking someones kids? Isn't there better things we can spend our money on then removing poorly named children from their families? (and that is only if you feel these name choices are bad....names are only opinionated)

Links:

http://usnews.msnbc....of-newborn-hons

http://www.lehighval...mily_angry.html

Personally, I would have made my own cake for my kid.....if you don't want others to judge you for what you name your kid..then don't go public with it.

Posted Image

#2 canas is back

canas is back

The best dang dark magic user evah

• Members
  • 1,793 posts
  • NATO

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

;) and people from montana and wyoming ;) ;) give horrible names all the time, we don't take their kids away for that. I swear this is retarded.

Edited by canas is back, 22 November 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#3 Sir Deimos

Sir Deimos

Harbinger of the Fall.

• Members
  • 10,344 posts
  • Swaziland

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Damn canas. That's kinda fucking racist.

#4 Emiko

Emiko

• Members
  • 3,573 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Not all black people, that is a label :P

but I agree, there are people who name their kids Janqnekjhsafodua faldjkfajdofau and get away with it lol

I remember hearing about an Indian couple who named their baby daughter FaceBook last year. seriously....

#5 Twinrova

Twinrova

The Fallen

• Members
  • 14,738 posts
  • Romania

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Black people ;) and people from montana and wyoming ;) ;) give horrible names all the time, we don't take their kids away for that. I swear this is retarded.

Wow, dude. White people give their kids shitty names too.

Also, uh, it's kinda difficult to "not go public with it" if you name your kid something like ADOLF HITLER. What about when they go to school? Have birthday parties? Apply for jobs? A license? etc etc. Until that kid grows up and is old enough to legally change their own name, they're stuck with one that people will inevitably judge them for. Seriously, what employer is going to go 'hey let's hire Adolf Hitler'.

I mean at the end of the day, ok, parents should be allowed to name their kids whatever fuck-awful name they want, but what kind of person in their right mind would name their kid after a mass fucking murderer? That just screams the fact that either the parents are touched in the head or they're not capable of thinking things through long enough to go, hey, that name will probably have a gajillion negative consequences for my child.

People might name their kids dumbass things like Facebook or Twinkie or Apple or L-a or Ashekashay or whatever - but those are nowhere NEAR the same level of 'what the fuck' as something like Adolf Hitler.

[Edit] Derp, people posted while I did. Oh well, still keeping my first comment cuz, uh, yeah. Damn.

Edited by Twinrova, 22 November 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#6 canas is back

canas is back

The best dang dark magic user evah

• Members
  • 1,793 posts
  • NATO

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

OK SORRY GEEZ it wasn't really trying to be, gosh some of the most retarded names I have seen were by white people. going back and edit

#7 Twinrova

Twinrova

The Fallen

• Members
  • 14,738 posts
  • Romania

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

You don't have to intend for it to be racist for it to actually be racist. Just sayin'.

#8 Sir Deimos

Sir Deimos

Harbinger of the Fall.

• Members
  • 10,344 posts
  • Swaziland

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

The fact that you didn't see the racism behind that statement is actually worse. What the fuck? Your level of ignorance is to such a degree that you didn't realize it isn't ok? What if I were to spout off ignorant bullshit about your religion? Would it be alright because I didn't know any better?

#9 Goose

Goose

Squirtle of the Living Dead

• Members
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

You made your point.

No need to take it further.

Back on topic please.

#10 Quistis

Quistis

Repressed Hippie

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • World

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

I agree that the child has a not-so-great name, but that's no reason to take the kid away from them. This is what I don't like about CPS. They take their sweet-ass time getting kids out of households that they NEED to be out of, but report a family naming their kid something stupid and they're there within 5 minutes. Effed up!

#11 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Members
  • 2,789 posts
  • Russia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

I don't know, if parents are stupid enough to name their child Adolf Hitler are they really capable of caring for the kid? They already proved they don't care about the child's long-term well-being.

Though yeah, there's a lot worse they could be focusing on.

#12 Emiko

Emiko

• Members
  • 3,573 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

I kind of like the name Aryan lol

I do think that there is better things that CPS could be doing, like visiting the child who gets starved between visits....or taking the child away who sleeps in their own filth because their parents are strung out.

Do you guys think that this will hold up in court?

(them removing the kids from the homes)

#13 arunma

arunma

Physics and math maniac

• Members
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

Well I think this is more than a poor naming choice. I mean, these people obviously didn't come up with names like Hitler by accident. They knew what they were doing, and frankly they're screwing over these kids pretty royally.

Having said that, it's quite wrong for CPS to take the kids away. This is America: you have the right to raise your kids to be bigots. From what I can tell by skimming the article, they're not abusing these kids or anything. It's a severe violation of civil liberties we have going on here. Not to mention a waste of tax dollars on the part of CPS.

#14 #AdV0k8

#AdV0k8

Novice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

I think one of the largest complications these kids may have growing up is that people probably won't take them too seriously (because really, would you believe a kid who told you his name was Adolf Hitler? I didn't believe it when I first started reading the initial post, I though it was a scenario lol. So now these children are gonna go through life, every time they meet someone and tell them their name they're going to have to explain that their douche bag parents obviously hate them, and then little "Adolf Hitler" for instance will have to work that much harder to establish himself in society....because people read into superficial shit like that. I'm 20 years old and I look like I'm 12, and I deal with that every day. I go leaps and bounds to prove myself, because people make up their mind about me the second they see me. If I am constantly judged based on something so insignificant as my "baby face", I can only imagine what these children are going to have to face. I mean hell, people tried to claim that our president was a terrorist because his middle name is "Hussein". The fact of the matter is, the world isn't made up of objective thinkers who use logic to dictate the statements or actions...if it were we would have a lot less to talk about.

As far as our "rights" are concerned, obviously the removal of these children from the home based on the "naming" factor alone is a violation of such rights and will not stand alone. I do however feel that something like this is reasonable grounds to maybe look into these people and keep a little eye on them. Because I assume that anyone who names their child Adolf Hitler must be mentally unstable. I mean, it's got to make you wonder...how are they raising these children? What is day-to-day life like in this household? Concern is certainly justified.

#15 Oberon Storm

Oberon Storm

And so it begins.

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  • United States

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

I would argue that giving their children these names and damning them to the life that will come with them is child abuse. They knew what they were doing. They knew what would happen. They chose to make a point rather than make sure their kids have an opportunity for the best possible life. I do not feel sorry for them.

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name