• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#271 SteveT

SteveT

100% a Dick

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

Ah! That's a useful map. What do the Triforce Symbols mean, though.

Then I agree with Egann. Defend DS wisely (i.e. make it a bad idea to attack it, but don't let it be the only priority), and keep taking territory to the south.

We DO need to take the north as soon as we can, though, unless their troop distribution changes dramatically.

#272 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,969 posts
  • NATO

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

The triforce symbols are the spacer indicating that the number of battalions is next

So, 250*triforce*3 would mean three battalions of 250 each for a total number of 750 troops. If we've taken a battalion's numbers down, I put that individual battalion's numbers below. So, if the aforementioned troop had been attacked and one of the battalions had lost fifty men, on the map it would look like

250*triforce*2

Make sense?

Gonna go ahead and post orders.

#273 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

Selfish, Arrogant Bastard

• Moderators
  • 15,237 posts
  • United States

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

Sounds good. Also, I just want to say that it is good to be back in business.

#274 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,969 posts
  • NATO

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

Here it comes . . .

#275 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Moderators
  • 2,726 posts
  • Russia

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Holy. What the hell happened? We did almost nothing to them.
At least we know the name of the game now. Attack like crazy. That first attack the attackers get is huge.

#276 Egann

Egann

The Right Stuff

• Members
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

IF there's anything left, attack with Fuji (to spring the trap) on any division, then hit Selena with Chik. If Fuji can't attack (wasted AP or no troops left) then we take it like a man and rely on that wall.

#277 SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

ANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELS...

• Members
  • 6,315 posts
  • Location:My workshop, making fanfiction, sprites and miniature weapons of mass destruction.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

AUUUGHAUGHAUGHAUGHAUGH, all we succeeded in doing that round was getting ourselves slapped silly! What happened!?

#278 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Moderators
  • 2,726 posts
  • Russia

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

I say we just attack them. Considering they destroyed our forces without taking pretty much any deaths, it stands to reason we should be able to do the same if we attack first.

#279 SteveT

SteveT

100% a Dick

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

Never has an avatar been more appropriate for the attached post.

#280 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

Selfish, Arrogant Bastard

• Moderators
  • 15,237 posts
  • United States

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

We got hammered pretty bad, going ahead and attacking again is just rash. We need a plan, not just "lure Lena in and finish with Chik." That plan will kill off both our queens, and that's if we are lucky.

#281 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Moderators
  • 2,726 posts
  • Russia

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

Well, look at what happened. They attacked first and destroyed our forces without a problem. Doesn't it stand to reason it will be the other way around if we attack first?

#282 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,969 posts
  • NATO

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

Super busy for the next couple days, so I'm not going to be around much. Elven and Steve, you are both authorized to act on my behalf.

#283 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Moderators
  • 2,726 posts
  • Russia

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

Ffffffffff. Alright, we need a plan of action fast, preferably by tonight. We definitely need to stop them from attacking our forces. I say we take everyone on the border and attack a unit they are good with, and perhaps build defenses with those that don't attack.

#284 Egann

Egann

The Right Stuff

• Members
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

It's just my gut reaction that we should hit them with an expendable division to defuse their defensive trap, then hit Selena with Chick, then Steel. Chick and Steel have equipment MUCH better and Selena won't have any defenses. It will pull Selena's unit down to an average/ cron member size and that will REALLY take the wind out of their offensive campaigns for the next few turns.

#285 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Moderators
  • 2,726 posts
  • Russia

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

I say we hit them with every expendable division. I'm thinking sending pikes after Selena, at least at first to weaken her. Then we'll still have Chik and Steel at pretty much full power to wipe the rest of the map.

#286 SteveT

SteveT

100% a Dick

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

Attacking with everything is NOT a good idea. We have all this map, and more people, so why would we let them fight a one-front war?

Fall back to Lake Province, quit whining and conquer Labrynna or Tal Tal Heights, and have someone over in the east take Zora's Isthmus. Everyone else get to Lake Province so we have more options next round.

If we MUST counter-attack, then go with Egann's idea.

Edited by SteveT, 30 September 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#287 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

BBBFF

• Moderators
  • 2,726 posts
  • Russia

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

We need to attack because so far, whoever has attacked first has one, with the sole exception of Chik. Their forces are gathered in one place, if we can hit them had now we can decimate most of their forces. Just giving them territory isn't going to help.

Edited by Elvenlord, 01 October 2010 - 01:40 PM.

#288 SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

ANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELS...

• Members
  • 6,315 posts
  • Location:My workshop, making fanfiction, sprites and miniature weapons of mass destruction.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:14 PM

I've come to realize that helping plan battle strategies is difficult when I can't find the goddamn map. I recall Steve saying:

Ah! That's a useful map. What do the Triforce Symbols mean, though.

But I have yet to actually find it in any of the war-related threads. Am I overlooking something? In any case, help please?

The reason I'm obsessing over this is because I would like a map with the scouted provinces listed, as I'm noticing Calatia has their backs turned to Subrosia Continent at the moment and this might be our best chance to take more mountains.

Failing that, we might want to set up some fortifications at Diamons Steppe since the enemy troop count is roughly twice ours.

Yeah, I'm just throwing ideas out there. Like I said, can't plan effectively without an up-to-date (and complete) map.

Edited by SL the Pyro, 01 October 2010 - 10:24 PM.

#289 SteveT

SteveT

100% a Dick

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

There are two that matter:

Scouting report map (in spoilers):

http://forums.legend...outing-reports/

Tactical Map:

http://forums.legend...8-tactical-map/

#290 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,969 posts
  • NATO

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

Scouting report map has not been updated in a couple weeks due to my move. I'm hoping to get that updated and stuff next week.