Jump to content

Legends Alliance Forums

Photo

FunQuest: Imperial Edition


  • Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#61 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

I try to search for and use possible surroundings to make explosives.

#62 Stew

Stew

    Legendary

  • Members
  • 2,856 posts
  • Location:Awesometown
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

NK just sort of looked at me. Puzzled, confused, or something. I don't know. There was something about those eyes though. Cold and dark. They sucked the very soul from me! I did something, the only thing I could think of, the only thing I could do!

Snatching the rope back I ran out of the room screaming bloody murder. I, using my Canadian Yaksmen awesome-skills, quickly fastened a noose and hanged myself outside the Arbiters Grounds.

The wind playfully swung me back and forth, ever so slightly. And, from time to time, whipped curiously at my kilt.



Out of Character: Every so often you just have to veer into a ditch, you know?

#63 Selena

Selena

    Odinsdottir

  • Admin
  • 17,250 posts
  • Location:Behind you.
  • Gender:Female
  • Sweden

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Vet and Ember

Vet hurls the grenade and it lands inside the sandworm's mouth. After a few seconds, the grenade explodes, and you can see the shockwave as it ripples through the worm's flesh. Smoke wafts out of its jaws. It falls down on the sand, motionless.

You defeated the sandworm! Congratulations! Vet walks up to the sandworm and rips out one of its teeth. da-da-da-daaaaaaaa! You got the SANDWORM FANG.

The two of you proceed toward the Spirit Temple. At the top of the steps is a red, pointy hat. You hear whispers within. Do you enter the Temple?



RSR

You are unable to find explosive materials, so you decide to ram the bus against one of the buggies. Being much larger, the bus easily plows through, knocking off the raiders. You repeat this several times until all the attackers are left in the sand-dust. You drive on, cool tunes still on the radio. You arrive at the makeshift camp. Do you stop here, drive to the Arbiter's Grounds, or drive to the Spirit Temple?


Stew

Another Canadian Kilted Yaksman appears by your swinging corpse, ignoring what can be seen under the kilt with a good gust of wind. He pulls out some bag pipes and plays Amazing Grace in your honor. You have died.

Would you like to be respawned? Or start over as a new character?


Ninja Kitten

Wtf did he DO?!

Oh well.

Do you still want to clawshot up to the next floor?

#64 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

I go onward to the Arbiter's grounds.

#65 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Ember congratulates Vet for his slaying of the worm, yet there is still some spite for him for throwing the grenade when she had the chance.

Ah well, she thinks, there will be plenty of adventure inside the temple, and it was my fault for not taking the opportunity.

She exchanges glances with Vet and climbs up the stairs, hoping he will accompany her inside the temple in case she has another space-out moment.
A red pointy hat stirs the memory of the note. Hastily, she pulls the crumpled paper out of her pocket to verify that the monster spoken of was, indeed, wearing a pointy hat. She peers inside the temple before stepping through the doorway.

#66 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

    the kiss of death

  • Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • Location:sleeping
  • Gender:Female
  • United States

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

Somewhat confused by what had happened NK refused to give in to her overwhelming curiosity to see where Stew had run off to. She had work to do if she was ever going to level up again. Using the clawshot she pulled herself up to the next floor and glanced around for any more clues.

#67 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

    Dragon Lord

  • Moderators
  • 7,967 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Gender:Male
  • NATO

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:33 AM

I take the cover off of the ironing board and rip it up, making a cord from the material to attach the ironing board to my back, using it as a possible source of protection. I examine the lock on the briefcase as I walk towards the bus stop.

#68 Veteran

Veteran

    Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

  • Admin
  • 10,656 posts
  • Location:Yorkshire, UK
  • Gender:Male
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

I apologise to Ember for stealing the initiative, and suggest that as I gained a sandworm tooth from slaying the beast, it's only fair that she takes the red, pointy hat that we've happened upon. I will also accompany her inside the Spirit Temple since, up to this point, we are undefeated and awesome.

#69 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Egg Beater

  • Moderators
  • 15,178 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Renegade: You drive the bus to the makeshift camp before it runs out of gas. Turns out those guys from before cut your fuel line, so no more bussing around. As you walk out of the vehicle, a couple of guys run in and start ripping the seats out and carry in tables, stoves, etc. It looks like they'll be making a diner out of it. Awesome. But that will have to wait for later. You want to look around town before heading over to the Arbiter's Grounds?

NK: You pull yourself up to the next floor and find yourself in a large corridor made of sandstone. There are doodles on the wall, marked with what appears to be crayon. Several torches light the way since there are no windows here. There are doors to your left and right and one far off ahead of you. Where do you go?

Vet and Ember: You walk inside the Spirit Temple to find a open room with a large stairway leading up to a stone door. It appears shut and unable to open by conventional means. You do notice a switch on the side wall of the room. Do either of you pull it?

Steel Samurai: You arrive at the Bus Stop and greet Poore, who has been waiting for a bus for some time now. "Poore" Guy. Hahaha, I crack myself up. No really, I'm a riot. Lemme tell you another one: There was a priest, a rabbi and a football coach . . . OK, nevermind. Back to the story.

So anyway, you are at the Bus Stop. The lock on the briefcase seems confusing, various buttons and nobs prevent you from opening the leather container. You can wait for the bus or start walking.

#70 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

Well, since I'm out of gas...

"Guess I'll have a look about this place first."

#71 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Ember runs out of the temple briefly to retreive the red hat. She hadn't though of taking it before. She returns to the room, the pointy hat placed stylishly on her head. She thanks Vet for letting her take the hat and drops all hard feelings that may have been there.

Ember crosses to the switch and steps aside, allowing Veteran the honors of pulling it.

#72 Veteran

Veteran

    Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

  • Admin
  • 10,656 posts
  • Location:Yorkshire, UK
  • Gender:Male
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

I'm wary of this switch, I suggest we stand back and let Croaker pull it. He's more agile.

#73 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

"Good idea." Ember replies, wondering how she would have forgotten such a simple route.

#74 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

    BBBFF

  • Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • Location:Polis
  • Gender:Male
  • Russia

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

I look around, licking my lips. I know I shouldn't, but I press the button. Then put the prom dress over my head, just in case.

#75 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Egg Beater

  • Moderators
  • 15,178 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

Elven: A small golden coin falls from the ceiling. You pick it up and then . . .


Class Up! Your new class is 'Classy Guy'!

You are now fitted with a golden tuxedo at the cost of your prom dress. Looks like you are ready for the world now! Sadly, your victory is short lived as you accidentally trigger a trap door. You fall for a bit and find yourself in a dark room. You try to find your way around and hear a terrible noise.

"Are you here for the show?" Calls out a shrieking voice.

Vet and Ember: You have croaker pull the switch, which in turn reveals another switch on the other side of the room. Elaborate, perhaps. Annoying, very.

Renegade: You walk into the camp and find yourself in front of a soup kitchen and raunchy hotel. If you go further, you'd find a large wooden lookout tower and a stable. Where do you want to go?

#76 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

    BBBFF

  • Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • Location:Polis
  • Gender:Male
  • Russia

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

Show? "Of course! Why else would I be here, and wearing this most awesome suit?" I say as I'm shaking in my shoes.

#77 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

    Dragon Lord

  • Moderators
  • 7,967 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Gender:Male
  • NATO

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

I greet Poore with a remark about the weather, then decide to wait for the bus. I rattle the briefcase in an attempt to find out what is inside. I look around for some vegetables to eat, as I'm getting hungry.

#78 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

Ember turns around to see the switch appear at the other end of the room. A spark of annoyance runs through her at the wild goose chase Vet, Croak, and she might need to go on to get inside the door.

"Croak?" she addresses the bird. "Will you do the honors?"

#79 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

I go up ahead to the direction of lookout tower.

#80 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

    the kiss of death

  • Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • Location:sleeping
  • Gender:Female
  • United States

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

NK notes the stange drawings, but does not take time to examine them closely. Grabbing a torch off the wall she decides to try going through the door to the left. She grabs the doorknob firmly, turning the knob slowly, and gingerly pushes against the door with her shoulder.

#81 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Egg Beater

  • Moderators
  • 15,178 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:11 PM

Elven: Suddenly, the lights in the room turn on, blinding you for a few moments. As the glossy white fades, you discover a large room with seating and a stage. The person who called you out is a old woman wearing an evening dress, something a little to revealing for the old gal.

"Come on now, this way!" She croaked as she takes your hand to the stage.

Steel: You find no food. I mean, really. You're in the desert. DESERT. Nothing but sand. Add and "s" though, and it'd be Dessert. Instead of sand, it would be cake. And Ice Cream. But that is clearly NOT THE CASE. After shaking the briefcase, you hear no distinct noises. Whatever is inside is in there but good. A bus a coming up on the horizon, what will you do?

Renegade: You arrive at the wooden look out tower. You notice a little ladder leading to the top, but it doesn't seem too sturdy. As far as you can tell, there is no one in the tower right now so you wouldn't get in trouble for being there. What will you do?

NK: You enter the room and stumble upon two people sharing an intimate moment . . . in a heart shaped bed . . . while Barry White plays softly. Well, it seems you've gone and interrupted something. The two people in bed stare at you awkwardly as all of you look at each other without a word said. What will you do?

Ember: Croaker walks over to the next switch and tries to pull it. As he does this, a large noise echoes throughout the room. The large stone door opens while confetti rains from the ceiling. Yay for you. What will you do next?

#82 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:42 PM

Ember feels strangely like she did something great because of the confetti. She smiles at Vet, readjusting her red pointy hat.

Ember once again leads the way into the door, ready for whatever unknown dangers awaited.

#83 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

    Dragon Lord

  • Moderators
  • 7,967 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Gender:Male
  • NATO

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

I shout at the DM "It's a bus stop! There should be food -somewhere- nearby! Where are the enterprising shopkeepers? They could make a fortune here!"

I wait for the bus to arrive. As I wait, I glance around the area, looking for more potentially useful items.

#84 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Egg Beater

  • Moderators
  • 15,178 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

Ember: As you get close to the door, a mob of goblins charge out. They don't look to happy, seeing as they are armed to the teeth. They tackle you, which pushes you down the stairs and right with Vet and Croaker. Looks like you're going have to fight them. What will you do?

#85 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

    the kiss of death

  • Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • Location:sleeping
  • Gender:Female
  • United States

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

NK gives a weak smile and mutters something about them getting back to work. Shutting the door, she turns about and decides to bypass the other door and heads down the hall to the last door. It looks suspicious enough to be where she should be going.

#86 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Egg Beater

  • Moderators
  • 15,178 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

NK: You open the last door and find the gateway to 5 minutes ago. Inside, you watch yourself once again stumbling into the room and walking in on the couple. Now that is kinda creepy, but really cool. I mean, it's the past from the third person. You want to keep watching, but it might be better to stop. What will you do?

#87 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Ember pulls out her short sword and battles the little demons. This is the kind of adventure this peacock warrior was looking for. She kicks one in the head here, shoves her sword through another over there and punches another.

Edited by Ember, 01 October 2009 - 03:43 PM.


#88 Veteran

Veteran

    Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

  • Admin
  • 10,656 posts
  • Location:Yorkshire, UK
  • Gender:Male
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

I direct Croaker to aim for the eyes of the goblins as I aim to squash their heads with my book.

#89 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

    the kiss of death

  • Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • Location:sleeping
  • Gender:Female
  • United States

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

I keep watching for a few more minutes, laughing at the expression on the poor couple's face. Once I can no longer see due to the tears in my eyes, I turn away to catch my breath. That leaves just one more door. Switching the torch to the other hand she reaches out with her left hand and opens the final door in the hall.

#90 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

I climb the darned thing.