Jump to content

Legends Alliance Forums

Photo

FunQuest: Imperial Edition


  • Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#31 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Store Greeter

  • Moderators
  • 15,091 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Renegade: You arrive at a Bus Stop, which is odd because why in the world would there be a bust stop in the middle of the desert? Despite the slice of civilization that you happen to stumble across, you still have that nasty issue of being chased for your dear life. Not very good. You can wait for the bus, but most likely be met with a horrible demise or run to the north towards the make shift camp. Although it's quite far.

#32 Chikara Nadir

Chikara Nadir

    Crisis from the Skies

  • Admin
  • 13,561 posts
  • Location:Hobbiton
  • Gender:Female
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

I'm game to play too. <.<

#33 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

Ember arrives at the Spirit Temple with no other occurences along the way except that Veteran and his new associate, Croak, have come up behind her.

#34 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

Runs inside Bus stop to hide from the pursuer

#35 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Store Greeter

  • Moderators
  • 15,091 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Chikara: You are Chik. You are equipped with a spiked whip and a fish bowl. Your class is 'Hempress'.

You find yourself sitting on a throne in the heart of the Arbiter Grounds, the mirror chamber. Apparently you rule this place. Weird. There is some stairs that lead down to the lower levels of the capital.

Ember: You are standing in front of the Spirit Temple, just kinda minding your own business. Nothing unusual. Well, except for the damn Sandworm that just popped out of the ground. That's not normal. Must have woken up for some reason, perhaps from all the activity inside. Well, you got this creature to deal with. He's not particularly friendly and there isn't much to work with terrain-wise.

Renegade: Wow, the bus came. The bus rarely ever shows up. Talk about lucky. Well, you're safe inside for now. The bus driver grabs your attention, apparently there is a toll for travel and you don't have any cash. He looks at you with longing eyes, in a creepy way. Looks like you're going to pay him something. How will you pay him?

Edited by Selena, 25 September 2009 - 04:34 PM.
Lena edit - Spirit Temple and Arbiter's Grounds are two different locations. ;)


#36 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

I give him Catcher in the Rye.

#37 Selena

Selena

    Odinsdottir

  • Admin
  • 17,095 posts
  • Location:Behind you.
  • Gender:Female
  • Sweden

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

Renegade

The bus driver begins to read the book, and soon keels over dead from its effects. Congratulations you are now in possession of a genuine transit bus! You pop open the glove box and find a map. It shows you how to get from the bus stop to the makeshift camp and then to the Arbiter's Grounds. There are also a pair of sunglasses. You put them on your face.

The keys are in the ignition. The engine is running. There is a button labeled "Nitrous Oxide Boost." Driving music is playing on the radio.

Congratulations! You have now leveled up to "Radar Lover."

#38 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

"I feel...Strangely different somehow...Oh, well"

Hops in drivers seat and takes off full speed in the direction of the Arbiter's grounds.

#39 Selena

Selena

    Odinsdottir

  • Admin
  • 17,095 posts
  • Location:Behind you.
  • Gender:Female
  • Sweden

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Renegade

You race off toward the Arbiter's Ground, leaving poor Poore behind at the lonely bus stop. Haha. Poor Poore. Good riddance. He'd have ratted you out for killing the driver via classic literature anyway.

You cruise along for a while until you notice some specks in the distance. They get larger. Larger still. Soon you realize what they are - desert buggies and dirt bikes! There are people dressed in funny outfits clinging to each one, waving various weapons around in a threatening manner. Oh no! They're car-raiders! One of the buggies gets along side the bus. One of the raiders attempts to smash open the doors!

Posted Image


What on Earth do you do?!

#40 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

Pushes button labeled "Nitrous Oxide Boost."

#41 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

    BBBFF

  • Moderators
  • 2,671 posts
  • Location:Polis
  • Gender:Male
  • Russia

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

I go into the rooms to the left, saving the the upstairs for later. I throw the dress over my shoulder and attempt to hold the kettle like a weapon.

#42 Ransom

Ransom

    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter.

  • Members
  • 3,348 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

I vant to play!

#43 Veteran

Veteran

    Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

  • Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Location:Yorkshire, UK
  • Gender:Male
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

"Shitting hell!" I exclaim as I catch up to Ember and find a vast Sandworm facing us both down!

I remember the wishbone from Croaker and suggest to Ember that if we wish for something, it might come true. A death ray, perhaps?

#44 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

    the kiss of death

  • Members
  • 11,122 posts
  • Location:sleeping
  • Gender:Female
  • United States

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

Throwing a glance backward to Stew, NK decides the best method to defeat the troll is to rush him and then follow up with a massive blow. "Ready?" she whispers to Stew, hoping with all her heart he doesn't chicken out. She darts out from her hiding place, grabs ahold of the troll's thong and pulls as hard as she can.

#45 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Ember considers Vet's proposal in using the wish bone. A death ray would be quite handy in a situation like this.

"It's worth a try." Ember agrees.

#46 Paladin Anthony

Paladin Anthony

    Where darkness and light collide

  • Members
  • 2,329 posts
  • Location:Bonaire, GA
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

*puts on the sneakers* Hrm... old school... *pumps up the pump in the tongue of the sneakers before strapping the shield to his back and eying the sword*
Something is fishy here... and I don't see Toan. *whispers a small enchantment creating a holy light to examine the sword before touching something that may be cursed*

#47 Chikara Nadir

Chikara Nadir

    Crisis from the Skies

  • Admin
  • 13,561 posts
  • Location:Hobbiton
  • Gender:Female
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Attempts to put the fishbowl on top of her head, quietly heading to the stairs to go down into the Arbiter's Grounds.


Hmm...something smells fishy.

#48 Selena

Selena

    Odinsdottir

  • Admin
  • 17,095 posts
  • Location:Behind you.
  • Gender:Female
  • Sweden

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Renegade

You push the Nitrous button and you are thrust back into your seat as the bus rockets forward and gains speed rapidly. You gain ground on the raiders, but the boost only lasts for a few seconds. The road raiders quickly catch back up and get back into attack position. Well, shit. Now what do you try?



Elvenlord

You find yourself in a long hallway with doors to many rooms. Upon inspection, you realize that this is the residential area. There are living quarters for most of the prominent members. There is a name etched onto each wooden door. The closest ones read: Button, Ember, Kitten, and SL the Pyro. What do you do?


Ransom

You wake up. You look around. Blue sky. More blue sky. What the...? You get up, head groggy. Oh. You're on the very top of the Spirit Temple. You can see the Arbiter's Grounds in the distance. Now, how on Earth did you get up here? Oh well. You get up and brush yourself off. You are wearing a track suit. You are equipped with a jump rope and a bag of Cheetos. Your class is "Marathon Man."

There is a steep flight of stairs that leads down into the upper levels of the Spirit Temple. You look over the side. You might be able to jump down onto one of the Colossus's "arms." A treasure chest is resting on her nearest hand. However, it is quite windy and there is no door to get to the hand from a safer location.

Do you risk the jump down to the treasure chest, or do you go down the stairs?


Veteran (and Ember)

You wish for a death ray. Croaker stares at you as the sandworm twists and turns in your direction. You feel the ground rumble. Croaker stares at you in confuse. You produce your hand and shift your eyes between it and the bird. Croaker understands. He retches. An object lands in your hand, covered in stomach liquids.

da-da-da-daaaaaa. You found A GRENADE.



Ninja Kitten

You pull on the troll's frilly pink thong. He screeches and begins to writhe in pain. If you let go, he will surely turn around to crush you. If you keep holding on, you might be able to keep him in a vulnerable state... for now. You struggle to keep a grip on the underwear as the beast twists to and fro.

Stew (UPDATE!) - linked in

The troll is now in a vulnerable position! Do you use your hammer or some other kind of weapon to help take him down? Or do you cower in fear like a little girly man?


PA
You summon the holy light to examine the sword. You do not find evidence of a curse, though you do find evidence of some... questionable liquids on it that were previously invisible. Ah, well. Nothing a little cleaning won't fix. Wait, what's that? To the side. You see a dark figure in the light that was previously hidden. A dark spirit?! You ready your shield and expect the foul demon to make a move of some kind. Instead, the demon just waves happily and vanishes once your light dissipates.

Right, well.

The sword. It's still chained up, and you need a key to open the lock. You hear the sound of moving water and head into a small room in the back. Some kind of maintenance room. You see a grate and beneath it is flowing, if smelly, water. The entrance to the sewers. There is a ladder that leads down to a narrow sewer walkway once you open the grate. You can see something shiny in the water.

Do you open the grate and head down?


Chik
You wear the fishbowl as a helmet and leave the Mirror Chamber, heading down to a lower level. The level just below the Mirror Chamber contains the bedchambers for all the rulers of Koridai. Yours, Steel's, JR's, DJ's, and Toan's spare room in case he's pissed you off. You can explore any of these rooms, as you have the power to bypass all locks due to your status as Goddess of Hobbits and other such evil creatures.

You may also choose to head down one more floor. Which contains the quarters for regular members. You sense Elvenlord's presence on that level.




Edit for all: Added a very basic 'map' to the first post, in case you get lost or confused.

#49 Stew

Stew

    Legendary

  • Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • Location:Awesometown
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

I quickly scurry after NK, the thought of rushing a troll never quite forming long enough to dampen my pants. NK manages to reach the troll first and wrenches up on its already scarce clothing. The sight is one I will take to the grave with me, and it almost blinds me. Managing to hold my lunch down, I swing wildly at the troll with my trusty hammer. Aiming at the grotesque bulge sticking out a little too much in my face.

My lumberjack instincts force me to chop at wood.

#50 Selena

Selena

    Odinsdottir

  • Admin
  • 17,095 posts
  • Location:Behind you.
  • Gender:Female
  • Sweden

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Stew

You mercilessly assault the troll's groin and he quickly passes out from the horrible pain. EXPERIENCE GAINED! You level up to "Canadian Kilted Yaksman." Your outfit magically changes to a kilt uniform. You still possess your hammer. You now also have a whistle used to summon a trusty Yak companion, but this can only be used outdoors.

Kitten
As Stew already possesses weapons and you have none to call your own, you take the troll's CLAWSHOT and equip it for yourself. You also level up. Your class is now "Clawberin' Kitten."

Both
With the troll gone, you realize that there are no other doors. However, you can see the floor above. There is a grappling point for Kitten's new Clawshot. Do you guys use it to reach the upper level, or do you part ways?

#51 Veteran

Veteran

    Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

  • Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Location:Yorkshire, UK
  • Gender:Male
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

I smile at Croaker for his timely and useful vomiting. I look at Ember, she looks at me. We look at the sandworm. We look at the grenade.

"Ma'am," I say, "the honour is yours."

#52 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

    the kiss of death

  • Members
  • 11,122 posts
  • Location:sleeping
  • Gender:Female
  • United States

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

One look at Stew and NK knew she didn't want to go on alone. Who knew what else they would come up against. Trying to sound as tough as possible she turned to Stew and asked "Alone or together?"

#53 Stew

Stew

    Legendary

  • Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • Location:Awesometown
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

I admired NK's handiwork! She certainly was ruthless and gallant when it came to Troll slaying! And with my newly fitted, and exceptionally flattering kilt I cetainly didn't have to worry about any treacherous wedgies compromising my tuque and toonies. (If you know what I mean!)

I hand NK my rope, a third of all of my equipment. Surely a sign of good faith! "Here you are, Miss," I say say with a smile "lower it down once you get up there with your trusty new toy! You've got to admit, we make a hell of a team!"

#54 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

    Dragon Lord

  • Moderators
  • 7,956 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Gender:Male
  • NATO

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

I want to play.

#55 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Store Greeter

  • Moderators
  • 15,091 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

NK and Stew:

Up or out?

Steel Samurai: Your name is Steel. You are equipped with and Ironing Board and a locked briefcase, the contents in which you don't know. Your class is 'Vegan'.

You find yourself in the desert, not too far from a bus stop. You had a lot to drink last night and you can't remember why you are out here. You can go to the bus stop and wait for the next bus or you could explore the desert. I mean, it's not like there is anything out here . . . or is there?

#56 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

    BBBFF

  • Moderators
  • 2,671 posts
  • Location:Polis
  • Gender:Male
  • Russia

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

I enter the room labelled "Button", wondering who would be named Button, or perhaps it is a room for buttons?

#57 Renegade

Renegade

    Insert Title here

  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Well that was lame...I know


I stomp on the brake and wheel the bus sideways in order to start a mass pile-up.

#58 JRPomazon

JRPomazon

    Store Greeter

  • Moderators
  • 15,091 posts
  • Location:Beverly, Massachusetts
  • Gender:Male
  • United States

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

Renegade: You manage to get a couple of bikers with your trick, either running them over or knocking them off their bikes. They flail as they get launched into the air or get crushed under the sand. However, you still have a good number of them left to deal with. Using chains and clubs, they are attacking the sides of the bus. If they keep this up, they'll be able to board. What's left to do?

Elven: You enter the room finding a bed, closet, some clothes left about and other nicknacks. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Well, except for a particularly shiny red button. Candy colored and glossy. Even the smallest bit of light shines off of it so nicely. It looks so soft. Do you want to press it?

#59 Veteran

Veteran

    Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

  • Admin
  • 10,558 posts
  • Location:Yorkshire, UK
  • Gender:Male
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

As the ferocious sandworm writhes in the sand around us, I start to get worried about Ember's lack of death-weilding. I look at her lifeless form, stood upright with her hand held out and a grenade in her palm, and I wonder what has happened.

The shriek of the sandworm snaps me out of my confusion. I take the grenade, pop the pin, toss it into the air and smack it with my book like a baseball bat towards the dreaded worm.

"FORE!"

#60 Ember

Ember

    Fire Maiden

  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
  • Location:Tethe'alla
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

Ember is somewhat disappointed about her mental absence, but watches Veteran hurl the grenade at the frightening worm.