• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 vodkamaru

vodkamaru

Master

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

...not even atheists. Apparently atheists are the most hated group. Worse than gays, Jews, blacks or whatever. What's with all the hostility? I'm not even really atheist, but this is rediculous.

#2 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Follow the smoke; find the fire.

• Banned
  • 2,165 posts
  • World

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

Poor guy. :-(

#3 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

I didn't raed the whole thing but I'm not surprised. Hate crimes always exist when people feel so strongly about an idea that if anyone else contradicts or doesn't fit into that idea, they forget to treat those people like fellow human beings. It's this whole with me or against me mentality that a lot of people have but it's not exclusive to just one group.

#4 Splash

Splash

YASU\Y

• Members
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

This also represents a disturbing trend of targeting individuals who visibly question the legitimacy of religious dogma. Just last week Toronto Police were involved in the highly publicized threats against Mr. Fatah and Mrs. Hassan of the Muslim Canadian Congress. Here the anonymous individual swore to
“slaughter” the two MCC members, in the name of god, for belonging to an “apostate” organization.

If someone has to turn to violence just because of someone else's opinion or belief, it's just sad. What a horrible mentality religious extremists have.

#5 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Follow the smoke; find the fire.

• Banned
  • 2,165 posts
  • World

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

If someone has to turn to violence just because of someone else's opinion or belief, it's just sad. What a horrible mentality religious extremists have.

:-(

It's sad how everyone points to religion for the cause of all the hate crimes. It does cause some, due to misguided individuals, but it should never reflect the religion itself.

#6 Splash

Splash

YASU\Y

• Members
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

It's sad how everyone points to religion for the cause of all the hate crimes.

You took that way out of proportion. I was blaming the extremists, actually; in this case, religious extremists, seeing as how it was a religious issue.

#7 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Members
  • 7,971 posts
  • NATO

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:55 AM

Bout time them durn atheists got what christians and members of other religions have been getting around the world for centuries.

I jest. Partially.

#8 Goose

Goose

Squirtle of the Living Dead

• Members
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

Death. Hate. It surrounds us all.

#9 vodkamaru

vodkamaru

Master

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:36 AM

Bout time them durn atheists got what christians and members of other religions have been getting around the world for centuries.
I jest. Partially.

So do you think those guys kind of deserved it?

#10 Goose

Goose

Squirtle of the Living Dead

• Members
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

The Dude got slapped and headbutted. Thats not hate, thats a playground fight.

IF you want to talk about hate, I might try writing a painting about it.

#11 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Members
  • 7,971 posts
  • NATO

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:58 AM

So do you think those guys kind of deserved it?

Eh. Not really. I just find it ironic that the instant somebody starts beating up an atheist people are up in arms calling foul, when in some countries around the world you can be killed for being a christian, and it's just dismissed as "part of the culture." I realize that part of it is that this happened in america, but it still kind've reinforces my belief about the hypocrisy of humanists in general.

#12 vodkamaru

vodkamaru

Master

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

it still kind've reinforces my belief about the hypocrisy of humanists in general.

What...?

#13 vodkamaru

vodkamaru

Master

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

I realize that part of it is that this happened in america

Canada

it still kind've reinforces my belief about the hypocrisy of humanists in general.

What...? Where does humanism play into this at all? I can't find the article but a few weeks ago I read about some atheist families that were run out of town by Christians. What does that say about the hypocrisy of Christianity? What would Jesus do? Run those godless fuckers out of town...

[edit]: Oops... Can we not delete posts?

Edited by vodkamaru, 01 April 2007 - 10:51 AM.

#14 d4rkdragon

d4rkdragon

Healer

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:30 PM

I partially agree with Steel Samurai here. In some countries, missionaries were executed for spreading Christianity. Yet here, a person gets a little beat up and they make it sound like someone started a war. While I personally agree violence will solve nothing, it is an unfortunate truth that not everyone shares the same view.

On a side note, a book titled "God: The Failed Hypothesis" does get on my nerve a little as a Christian.

#15 SOAP

SOAP

So Oo Ap Puh

• Members
  • 7,750 posts
  • World

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:05 AM

Ugh! Unless y'all are actually one of those missionaries or better yet one of the people who actually have to live in those countries with a death toll on your head every day of your life you have no right to compare yourself them. The most injustice a Christian would have in the US and Canada is less then what these atheist went through. Christians over here whine and complain about how unfair the world is to them while people, small children even, get killed in other countries just for believing in God. So unless your out there risking your neck too, then there's no comparison.

The same pisses me off when gay people bitch about straight people being "mean" to them when there's gays in Iran who get killed just for being who they are. I can never point to the gays in Iran and go "See how unfairly we're being treated," because I've never gone through what they've gone through.

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name