22 replies to this topic

#1 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,296 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

A completely fresh start. All your winded soldiers are returned to you, and you should now have a vague idea of what you're up against. Things should no longer be hit or miss, but should now be well planned out attacks. Good luck to you all, and remember that rescuing your captured from Valhalla is always an option!

Forsaken Fortress Deadline
- US Pacific: March 21. 12 Noon.
- US Eastern: March 21. 3 PM.
- London, England: March 21. 7 PM.
- Sydney, Australia: March 22. 6 AM.

Lost Woods Deadline
- US Pacific: March 21. 5 PM.
- US Eastern: March 21. 8 PM.
- London, England: March 22. 12 AM.
- Sydney, Australia: March 22. 11 AM.

Ikana Canyon Deadline
- US Pacific: March 21. 11 PM.
- US Eastern: March 22. 2 AM.
- London, England: March 22. 6 AM.
- Sydney, Australia: March 22. 5 PM.

#2 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,296 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

Quick note: London/Sydney times adjusted after a reminder from Veteran that daylight savings didn't happen for you guys at the same time as it did for those of us Stateside. As that takes place over the weekend for the rest of you, it'll be back to normal shortly, but until then... here you are. ;)

#3 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,296 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:16 AM

*slaps self in the face for not following the forum clock at the time*

All right, well, somehow my computer clock screwed itself and refused to move forward a day, and I just now noticed. So when I made this thread I was under the assumption that it was the 17th and not the 18th. So if you all want an extra day, you can have it, as you're entitled to three days prep time. If you don't want to use extra time, that's cool too. But it's only fair to give you the option. My apologies. Don't know HOW it happened, so I'm blaming those damn gremlins. *Inquisitions self*

#4 Veteran

Veteran

Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

• Admin
  • 10,673 posts
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

Umm... are the times in the first post the new times, or are they the old ones?

#5 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,296 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

New times, but the dates weren't changed as it was 4 am and I'm.... retarded and zombie-like at 4 am. Will fix right now. Your due dates should all fall between the 21st and 22nd, depending on the time zone.

Edit: There, dates changed as well. Sorry again for the mix up everyone.

#6 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,968 posts
  • NATO

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Steel Samurai vs. Gabe Puratekuta
15 vs. Shadow Link

#7 Veteran

Veteran

Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

• Admin
  • 10,673 posts
  • Falkland Islands

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

Mystic Kitsune vs BunnyStew

Paladin Anthony vs ninja kitten

#8 Rhiannon

Rhiannon

*rawr*

• Members
  • 7,936 posts
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

Rhia vs. Ken
Wisp vs. Button.

*grumbles*.

Edited by Rhiannon, 22 March 2007 - 12:43 AM.

#9 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,296 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:33 AM

It's a March dawn, and the port town of Danmir has not yet woken to face the day. The red sky outside, as any good sailor would say about colorful sunrises in the morn, warns of coming misfortune and heartache. A gentle fog prevents town sentries from gazing too far into the harbor, visibility limited to perhaps half a kilometer. The town has been on edge since the start of the civil war. Most soldiers were called away, leaving the port with few defenses. It is this that the dorms take full advantage of. A sentry stares at the fog from his watchtower, and thinks that he vaguely sees the outline of something in the distance. He hasn't the time to further examine it, but its nature comes across quite clearly. There is a flash, and a different watchtower on the other end of town collapses as a cannonball rips through it. Another flash. Another building is hit. Screams echo, and people flee their houses, heading inland and away from the harbor. A pirate barrage decimates any hope of a neutral defense. Raiders disembark the pirate vessels and rush into town, pillaging and looting.

But they aren't alone. A force from the Woods lies in wait, a small group having landed north of there in hopes of ambushing the pirates. Their failed rescue attempts aside, they slowly stand and head in, praying that luck will finally be on their side. Once inside the town of Danmir, the battle begins, the pirates and Woods soldiers clashing in the streets. Steel immediately orders an assault against the incoming foes, now hell bent on exterminating them after his proposal for an alliance failed. He leads his own forces, enchanted swords at the ready. His first target is Gabe, of all people, who once traveled with him in the days between the wars. That no longer matters. Dorm honor is all that remains.

- - Steel Samurai vs. Gabe Puratekuta - -

They face off in a street. If they had guns, it would have very well been something out of a spaghetti western. Alone and separate from their allies, this is a personal battle. They know each other well enough. They know one another's strengths and abilities, and use that to their advantage. Steel draws his blade without a word, and Gabe follows his example. They stare each other down, hoping the other will back down from the conflict. Neither does, of course, and the fight is on. Friendship is pushed aside and forgotten - each has a job to do. With no further hesitation, they charge. Gabe raises an arm and launches a fire arrow at Steel, who senses it coming and expertly leaps out of harm's way. It avoids him completely. In return, Steel lashes out with his blade, his lack of vision not a problem for him. The metal cuts into Gabe and leaves an open wound.

Gabe casts another fire arrow, which manages to hit Steel and leave vice admiral with a rather nasty burn mark. It is not enough to stop him, however, and Steel lunges forward and stabs Gabe with his weapon. The Woods' soldier falls down, greatly injured. Steel cleans and sheaths his blade, looking down at his former friend and ally with a bittersweet expression. "It was unfortunate that we had to be reunited like this."

With that, he walks away, and his army cheers over his victory. He returns to commanding his troops, glad to fight on.

Winner: Steel Samurai

- - 15 Year Old ("XI") vs. Shadow Link - -

Simply glad he managed to survive his fight with that child beating monster from the Woods in a previous battle, XI follows his companions into the port city without quite as much fear as he had in the previous conflict. At least without Vet, he could stand a chance, right? At the very least he didn't have to worry about some old preacher guy jumping out from behind corners. Then again... it wasn't right without the child beater around. It just wasn't. Something was.... well, something was missing. Regardless, XI charges into town like any other good raiding pirate, and skids to a halt when he sees a Woods warrior standing in his way. Shadow Link is there, confident that he can stop any pirate assault. Weapon already at the ready, Shadow Link moves forward, not willing to give XI the option of evasion.

"Sit still, this will only hurt for a minute," Shadow Link taunts.

His blade lashes out in hopes of hitting XI early, but the young boy is quite paranoid and already waiting for such a move. He raises a shield spell to block the attack and then jumps forward in order to stab his dagger into Shadow Link's leg. The attack is good, and Shadow's skin is sliced open like a Christmas ham. XI casts another shield and attacks, but both throw each other to the ground. Equally stunned, they take their time getting up, feeling fatigued already. A third shield spell is cast by XI, but Shadow Link counters by enchanting his blade with a fire spell, ripping through the defenses. Both land massive attacks, leaving both near death.

It finally concludes. Shadow Link leaps up, hoping to land a powerful attack thanks to his own muscle coupled with the force of gravity. He is flung back by a shield spell, and XI throws his blade out expertly, hitting Shadow Link in the stomach from a ranged position. Barely believing it worked, XI watches quietly as Shadow Link struggles to stay conscious. His eyebrows twitch as he struggles to speak. "To be defeated like this..."

Shadow Link holds out an arm, trying to grab at the boy despite being a good distance away. He tries to gurgle out a second comment, but it is not coherent. He falls to his stomach and passes out, left to the guardians of Valhalla.

Winner: 15 Year Old

- - Mystic Kitsune vs. BunnyStew - -

The Woods knows full well that Ikana is marching straight for the town from the south, and while the pirates are sure that they will be facing two enemies yet again, they are surprised to see that a few Woods soldiers stand at the city limits, lying in wait for the Ikana. Ikana seems to know that they are no longer safe from harm on the part of the Lost Woods, and their legion falls into battle formation, putting one of their more heavily armored soldiers at the vanguard. Rhiannon shouts out orders to attack, and BunnyStew is the first to be targeted by a Woods soldier lying in wait. Kitsune springs from his position to take him out before he can gain much ground.

Their weapons meet, and that is all. Neither loses ground nor blood from the attack. Their weapons meet again, with the same result. Kitsune ducks in to try a lower attack, and manages to lightly slice Bunny's stomach between segments of his armor. Likewise, Bunny leaves a small wound on Kitsune as he leans in for his own attack. Kitsune strikes out again, but his blow is parried expertly. Weapons hit armor, but no damage is taken. The fight rages on as such for a long while. At long last, Bunny's stamina breaks down and he is stabbed quite severely. Kitsune is victorious, but retreats quickly to avoid the full force of the Ikana legion - not foolhardy enough to take them all on at once.

Winner: Mystic Kitsune

- - Paladin Anthony vs. Ninja Kitten ("Shiima") - -

A paladin bows is a gentlemanly fashion as he sees the next soldier in the Ikana line. He smiles from under his helmet, especially after he sees her curl her lips up in distaste. She almost hisses like the feline she is nicknamed after. Standing up again, he holds out an arm. His voice is friendly, despite the fight to come. "I have been waiting for this meeting for quite a long time, miss! I sorely regretted being abroad for the last conflict, and I fully intend to make up for lost time in this one. I trust you're just as prepared for a duel?"

She holds up both of her daggers and falls into a fighting stance immediately, her famous fiery temper clearly evident on her face. "You better believe it, Gawain!"

He smiles again, pleased with such an answer. He draws his claymore and holds it up, and as he had expected, she is the first to rush in, fueled by her fury and her passions. Having left the safety of Ikana's close formation, she becomes vulnerable and a proper target. She fires a flame arrow at him, which hits and burns him, and he counters by swinging his sword out. Both are hit and fall to the ground. They scramble to stand once more. She rushes in to fight physically, and lands a light attack. He pushes her away with a thrust from his shield. Using what arcane magic he has, he increases his weapon's power with a fire spell and swings. She is cut quite badly and yelps in pain, falling alongside Bunny in the street.

"I guess that settles that once and for all! You showed no cowardice, and that's more than anyone can hope for," Anthony says, giving her a respectful little nod. His dorm fully intending to fight a guerrilla war in the absence of manpower, he rushes off to regroup with them outside of town, leaving the two superpowers to battle it out in the streets for the rest of the Battle of Danmir.

Winner: Paladin Anthony

- - Rhiannon vs. Ken the Wandering Soul - -

The Ikana war machine marches forward through the streets, led by their fiery consul, transformed from desert bandits into a true army now that a true conflict has surfaced so close to home. Their footsteps hit the street in unison as they head towards the pirate front lines, if an angry mob can have a front line. They stop at once and watch as Rhiannon marches forward alone, her weapon drawn and waiting for a victim. She taunts Ken and urges him to come forward, hell bent on destroying something now that her alliance with the Woods seems to be on the rocks. Ken obliges and heads towards her with his massive zweihander blade. Decked out in her full armor and war helm, Rhiannon is not frightened in the least, and waits for him to attempt an attack.

A shield and fire spell is casted by each respectively, and their blades meet. Each tears into one another with equal force, leaving open wounds on the two warriors. Ken lights his sword ablaze and rushes in to strike again, managing to knock Rhiannon down with one powerful hit. She struggles to her feet, stunned at the power she is up against. Blades meet time and again as the duel continues. This time, it is Ken who falls. It's now or never. One last try for the both of them. Shield and Fire support their casters yet again and their blades clash, neither getting a strong hit in the first time. Then, Rhiannon spins around, plunging her sword into his gut. He struggles to hang on, only lightly scratching his enemy. She kicks him back and then rams her sword through his body, and Ken falls to the ground defeated.

The Ikana legion cheers and their leader returns to the vanguard of the formation. They march on.

Winner: Rhiannon

- - Wisp vs. Button - -

The other consul then engages in battle with a Pirate, rushing in to face off against the so called 'Cap'n Button' without much hesitation, fighting in the stead of one of her other soldiers. She quickly saps his strength and defense to make him weak. Once done, she stabs her knives through a weak spot in his armor, leaving him with a nasty cut. She casts a fire spell over her weapons to finish him off, but he surprises her with a quick attack that leaves them both reeling. They get back to their feet and rush in again. A flaming arrow hits Button in the chest, but he slices her arm with his falchion and leaves a trail of blood behind. Before he can try to go in for the kill, she saps his strength again and attacks. He falls down, defeated and unconscious, and she returns to her soldiers, marching on in victory as the Pirates fall back to form a new line of defense.

Winner: Wisp

#10 Mystic Kitsune

Mystic Kitsune

Hurricane Kitsune

• Members
  • 12,582 posts
  • World

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:46 AM

Yay, PA and me all the way! ^^;

SL lost to 15 as well? It's because he stopped believing in his Yeti powers, I tell you.

#11 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

the kiss of death

• Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • United States

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:12 AM

dead... again. *tongue flops out*

#12 Paladin Anthony

Paladin Anthony

Where darkness and light collide

• Members
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

But you fought valiantly, lol.

Now to get some rest. *removes his armor and sprawls out in the grass somewhere*

#13 ninja kitten

ninja kitten

the kiss of death

• Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • United States

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

*sends little ghost gnats to eat PA alive*

#14 SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

ANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELSANGELS...

• Members
  • 6,298 posts
  • Location:My workshop, making fanfiction, sprites and miniature weapons of mass destruction.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

You FF scum are just lucky you went first this round. We thought for sure that we in the Woods would have the first nomination.

I guess it came a little late.

The person who came up with the SL vs. 15 match had better hope s/he isn't in Valhalla, because I will personally wring his/her neck.

#15 Steel Samurai

Steel Samurai

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 7,968 posts
  • NATO

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

Bad loser much SL?

#16 SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

• Members
  • 6,298 posts
  • Location:My workshop, making fanfiction, sprites and miniature weapons of mass destruction.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

I was just so sure that LW was going first. I thought it was supposed to be like that at the beginning of each round. All the things I've asked Selena about, and the ONE thing that slips my mind is what causes my death. I really don't find that fair, but nothing in life is; it's a lesson I've learned too many times and I'm getting sick of it. *feels like wrecking something*

#17 Keen

Keen

Peachy!

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

Just relax SL. I mean, I've been dead since Fight 1, and it's really not so bad.

#18 SL the Pyro

SL the Pyro

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

*sob* But I never even got to fight anyone on my list...

#19 Keen

Keen

Peachy!

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

I fought Gabe. And that was that. You can always participate in your dorm's strategy discussions. Goodness knows that's the place for you all to focus right now.

And, well, I've actually been participating more than most of my dorm has, just through strategies. Hmm.... What if we had more than three dorms? That would be something. I think five sounds like an interesting number.

Edited by Lord Toran, 22 March 2007 - 06:48 PM.

#20 Selena

Selena

Odinsdottir

• Admin
  • 17,296 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

Settle down, kiddies, it's just a game. And one that isn't about individuality, but rather collective team effort at that.

#21 Twinrova

Twinrova

President Bird

• Moderators
  • 14,323 posts
  • Romania

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, I don't understand why people are getting all upset over a game. On a forum. On the internet. >.>;

*waves a little FF flag* ^_^

#22 Keen

Keen

Peachy!

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:38 AM

Because it's the Internet!
-{SERIOUS BUSINESS}-

I think a bit of playful competetiveness is precisely in order. Emphasis on "playful."

#23 Gabe Puratekuta

Gabe Puratekuta

Expert Magician

• Members
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

SONOVA--That's another scar for me!!