Every Wednesday I use the real UK Lottery draws to determine who gets dorm access for that winning week. It's very easy to play, and there's always a winner!
There are three lottery draws: Lotto, Thunderball and Dream Number.
How to Play.
For the Lotto game, pick four different numbers between (and including) 1 and 49. Of these four numbers, choose one of them to be your bonus number.
For the Thunderball game, pick three different numbers between (and including) 1 and 34. Then pick one more number between 1 and 14 to be your Thunderball number. The Thunderball number can be the same as one of the other three chosen numbers.
For the Dream Number game simply pick any seven digit number.
All you have to do is send a Private Message to me (Veteran) with your chosen numbers. It should look something like this:
Lotto: xx, xx, xx; Bonus number: xx.
Thunderball: yy, yy, yy, Thunderball number: zz.
Dream Number: aaaaaaa.
xx = 1 to 49,
yy = 1 to 34,
zz = 1 to 14,
a = 1 to 9.
Feel free to ask questions about procedure and rules in this topic, as well as PMing me any queries.
Results will be announced in this topic usually every Wednesday, though in the past I have been known to forget and the update came on the Thursday instead!
- The actual draw produces six numbers and a bonus number. If you match the most non-bonus numbers you win a week of dorm access.
- If two or more people match the same number of non-bonus numbers, then the person with a bonus number closest to the one drawn wins the prize. If members are still tied at this point, all tied members win the prize.
- The actual draw produces five numbers and a Thunderball number. The person who matches the most numbers will win a week of dorm access.
- The Thunderball number outweighes the other numbers drawn. So if someone has matched three normal numbers and someone else matches two plus the Thunderball, the latter person will win.
- If two or more people match the same number of regular numbers, but none match the Thunderball number, the person closest to the Thunderball number will win.
- Tied members will share the prize.
- The actual draw produces seven numbers to form one seven-digit number. The person who matches the most numbers correctly from left to right will win a week of dorm access.
- If no-one matches the first number, the second number allocates the winner and so on.
- In the event of tie, the person closest to the next number in the sequence will win. If winners have been determined by the last number, all tied members share the prize.
- If no-one matches any of the numbers, the person closest in value to the overall seven-digit number will win.
- Should a person win both the Lotto and Thunderball draws their prizes will extend into a second week but that person will be ineligible for the Lotto draw of the following week. Their Thunderball entry will remain eligible and will extend the prize of the previous week if won.
- Only those who do not win either of the Lotto or Thunderball draws will be eligible for the Dream Number draw of that week.
- If you send me a PM which doesn't designate a bonus number for the Lotto game, I will pick your fourth number to be the bonus number.
- You do not have to submit an entry every week. I will save your original entry and use it for each and every draw.
- You may choose to change your lottery numbers at any time via another PM.
- Any PM lottery entries are to be in my inbox before 20:00 BST/GMT on Wednesdays, else they will not count for that draw (but will count for subsequent draws).
- Entered members who have become inactive across the forums for an extended period of time will have their entry removed. If I remove an entry I will annouce it in the Lottery topic in the Temple Gates forum.
- As of 11/5/07 I have registered numbers and have an equal chance of winning. My choice of numbers should always be sent to and saved with Selena or Chik prior to any draw. Should I win I will not take up the place of whomever would have won had I not been included in the draw, the two or more members who would normally win will still win alongside myself.
Inukensha (Lotto only)
JRPomazon (Lotto only)
Leo Crimson (Lotto only)
LinksLove (Lotto only)
Lord of Drek (Lotto only)
ninja kitten (Lotto only)
Renegade Soul Reaper (Thunderball only)
Shekey the Green
Removed entrants due to inactivity:
Edited by Veteran, 25 February 2009 - 06:47 PM.
Added Dream Number